cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ajwag22
Adept II

How to buy Midnight Black RX 6800 XT

Does anyone know how I can try to order the midnight black rx 6800 xt supposed to be launching today? Been keeping an eye out for a special edition card to replace my red anniversary edition radeon vii and this seemed to be it but I can't find a link anywhere for the release.

0 Likes
18 Replies

I believe it was a special offer to 'Red team members' only (for initial release), no doubt you'll find one on ebay at huge price mark up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Well that's unfortunate. I was really hoping to snag one. I'm not willing to pay a huge upcharge in the resale market. How sad. It was so easy to get my radeon vii anniversary edition. I just went to the online store on launch day and ordered one. What is going on in the world with pc parts right now? Took me months to just get my 5600x and 5800x. 

0 Likes

its a mix of many different things. main problem has been covid. covid shut down the supply chain. and then you add in everyone thats stuck at home and want/need new computers. and the cherry on top is the crypto boom. being able to make 5$ per day with a 5700 and many other gpus, then everyone wants one. for example your radeon vii is currently going for up to 2k on ebay, but thats because that card can make like 8-9$ per day

0 Likes

Wow, how nuts. I just like to play games when I have time on it. I don't really understand what all this cryptocurrency is all about but I'm not a fan if it is the main cause of this market situation. I should be able to just order something I'm interested in. Not have to complete with all these miner people making fake digital currency. 

0 Likes

crypto isnt fake digital currency. its a decentralized digital currency. and miners are the smallest problem. its like 2017 when we had the crypto boom. the prices went up a bit, but it was only a few months long. supply was there to help. there isnt any supply. 

0 Likes

And yet miners are paying $800-1000+ for used Rx 5700xt in my country.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Dang where was this link like 15 minutes ago when I really needed it lol

0 Likes

I believe it was sent to only AMD red team members, but i'm still not sure how one becomes a red team member. Link was shared in a discord server i frequent.

0 Likes

Are these sold out already? I have been staring at an "Add to Cart" link for 45 mins now. 

0 Likes

yes they sold out fast a few mins after 9am EST

0 Likes

What a ^&%$&^% joke. Thank you. Trash website. Added to my "waste of time" list along with Walmart.

0 Likes

Oh I see. I just saw it showed up in the store but it's sold out already. Looks like I made the right choice buying a switch and xbox series x a few weeks ago. There is just no way to be a pc gamer and keep up with modern titles in today's market anymore. I guess I'll have to be a console gamer. Makes me sad. I'm not willing to pay a scalper for a new card on principal,but I just can't seem to buy anything. I can't telework and am never able to be buried in the internet in order to snag a card when they drop. Was really hoping to get this black one too  

0 Likes

well yeah. thats 200 days ROI! and thats if prices stay flat during that whole time. and you can get it faster if you have cheap power. if i said i had a printer that could print a legal 5$ bill every day, you wouldnt pay 1000$ for that printer?

0 Likes

Out of stock

0 Likes

'What's going on in the world today'

The virus.

Where to start, people off work. low production of components because of, huge demand, low output because of, shipping hold ups, then scalpers. miners ?

2022 might be a better year.

0 Likes

also im not sure if you are a youtube watcher, but a channel called LinusTechTips has a Verified Actual Gamer program where he is selling GPUs @ MSRP if you can "prove you are a gamer" he leaves clues and hints in videos for drops. we are waiting for next drop, but hes working with AMD, ASUS, MSI and so many others to get GPUs and CPUs at MSRP to sell to us. they go fast so you need to one of the first to the videos, but yeah.

0 Likes

Really?! I didn't know that. I have been watching linus since before he had his own channel and blew up. Never heard anything about that though. Admittedly I watch most of his content a few days after it posts though.

0 Likes