cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gozeon
Journeyman III

How to assign different tasks to different amd gpus?

Hi everyone. My configuration is below:

MB: zenith extreme x399

CPU: amd 1950x

GPU: asus rx580 top + sapphire rx580 special edition

Driver: adrenaline 18.8.1

What I want is like the title. I want one of my gpu runs the game while the other one runs something else. I can't find any related setting in the driver. I know win10 setting-display-graphic setting seems allow you to do this but it does not work at tall. Only one gpu works for every tasks that needs gpu no matter how I set up / turn on or off the crossfire mode.

I am sure that both gpu can be recognized by the system and crossfire mode works fine for games that support this (Witcher 3 tested, 2 gpu work together).

Anyone know how to set up this? Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply but I don't mean that. I just want different gpus run for different tasks and don't wanna add an extra port / monitor. For example I want my first gpu to run games while the another is doing computation code. The win10 setting can recognize my 2 rx580. But some games if there is option to choose a gpu to run it only one rx580 is available (In win10 setting they are all call RX580 so I am actually not sure which they are referring).

The main problem is I can't find any setting that really works for this. AMD graphic driver setting for application does not have the option for selecting gpu for apps (At least I can't find it), Win10 display setting doesn't work, game setting has no extra option.

0 Likes