cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skmattson
Journeyman III

How to address split of top and bottom on HDTV screen during motion?

I just bought a 55" Samsung MU6290 HDTV and have connected it via HDMI to the AMD Radeon HD 5570 graphics card in my PC running Windows 7.  When there's motion in a video, or if I drag a window across tho bottom of the screen, the image splits along a line reaching from left to right bottom  edges of the screen.  I can't take a screenshot of it, but I've replicated what happens when I move Windows Notepad  in this photoshopped image:

Samsung_Split2.jpg

My 1st instinct was to download & update the latest graphic drivers: non-whql-win8.1-win7-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20

However the problem persists.  I'm not very familiar with setting up software for graphics cards.  Might there be a setting somewhere that might address this?  I haven't been able to find anything that has.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

0 Likes
1 Reply
skmattson
Journeyman III

As there's been no reply to this, I wonder if someone could suggest a forum either here or elsewhere on the net where there might be people who could offer some suggestions on this issue.  I would think this would be an AMD driver / hardware issue.

0 Likes