cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

faqu
Challenger

How safe it is to overclock an RX 480 8GB without increasing the voltage ?

Jump to solution

Hi guys ! It's my first time when i overclock a gpu , and with my Asus Strix RX 480 8GB OC Edition i managed to get 1380MHz on core and 2200MHz on memory without touching the voltage (+25% power limit) , and i am really satisfied with these values. (~10fps increase in games) My question is , can this overclock cause harm to my gpu ? As far as i understood from overclocking forums , the only way you can really harm your gpu is by using too high voltages.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How safe it is to overclock an RX 480 8GB without increasing the voltage ?

Jump to solution

Not appreciably no, it'll lapse into redundancy long before any affects on its lifespan show up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Not appreciably no, it'll lapse into redundancy long before any affects on its lifespan show up.

View solution in original post

faqu
Challenger

Jump to solution

Thanks for the fast answer ! I think i will stick with these overclocking settings , as they allow me to go for higher visual settings in some games

Cheers !

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes