Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jfpare
Journeyman III

how many monitor on AMD Radeon HD6750

Tru the display port ( port )

via a 4-Port DisplayPort 1.2 to DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Hub - Monoprice®

i have 2 monitors Asus 24 inch already working via HDMI and DVI port

now i am trying to hook up 2 other monitor via the display port hub via the Display port of my AMD Radeon HD 6750 and those 2 monitor wont work ??

i cannot find on my hd6750 the display port version of 1.1 or 1.2  ( 1.2 is necessary for that king of hub apparently )

Any suggestions

0 Likes
2 Replies

LoL, took me a while to find the info you need. But according to AMD Support, the HD 6xxx series card supports MST and the card has DP 1.2 on it. Here is the link to show you all the AMD Cards that support MST and the drivers. Driving Multiple Displays From a Single DisplayPort™ Output with AMD Radeon Graphics Products. .

According to the link, when you install a MST in the Catalyst Driver Menu is activated as copied from the link above:

In order to assist and inform end users about DisplayPort 1.2 MST bandwidth allocations, AMD has provided a new user interface.  When an MST-capable device is connected to a DisplayPort output, a “DisplayPort Diagnostics” page becomes visible in the advanced view of AMD CatalystTM Control Center.  This page provides information on the total available bandwidth for the connection, the amount of bandwidth currently being used on the connection, and the amount of bandwidth being used by each individual display.

AMD Compatibility chart:

Driving Multiple Displays From a Single DisplayPort™ Output with AMD Radeon Graphics Products.

Article Number: GPU-500

Driving Multiple Displays From a Single DisplayPort™ Output with AMD Radeon Graphics Products.

DisplayPort™ 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Overview

This article provides information on how to enable multiple displays with DisplayPort 1.2 MST using AMD graphics products.  Before getting started, the following is required:

• DisplayPort 1.2 MST-capable hub, adapter, or monitor
  • A supported AMD graphics solution with DisplayPort output (see below)
  • AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 12.8 or later available, here.
The AMD solution for driving multiple displays with DisplayPort 1.2 MST is designed with “plug and play” usability in mind.  Once the MST hubs or daisy chain monitors are connected, the displays will be enabled in the system as if they were connected via their own separate inputs - the displays can be configured in the usual way within AMD CatalystTM Control Center.  The number of displays which can be connected from a single DisplayPort 1.2 MST connection is limited to a maximum of 4, and also depends on the resolution and timings of the attached displays.  A few examples of supported multi-display configurations are listed here:
1600x900 @ 60Hz, 24bppUp to 4
1920x1080 @ 60Hz, 24bppUp to 4
2560x1440 @ 60Hz, 24bppUp to 2
2560x1600 @ 60Hz, 24bppUp to 2

*These configurations are examples only. The actual number of displays that can be supported will depend on the specific timings implemented in the display and the resulting video data rate. Every display is different - contact your display hardware vendor for details.
In order to assist and inform end users about DisplayPort 1.2 MST bandwidth allocations, AMD has provided a new user interface.  When an MST-capable device is connected to a DisplayPort output, a “DisplayPort Diagnostics” page becomes visible in the advanced view of AMD CatalystTM Control Center.  This page provides information on the total available bandwidth for the connection, the amount of bandwidth currently being used on the connection, and the amount of bandwidth being used by each individual display.
AMD Product Compatibility
The following AMD graphics products support DisplayPort 1.2 MST:
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon™ R9 200 SeriesAMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series
AMD Radeon™ R7 200 SeriesAMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series
AMD Radeon™ R5 200 SeriesAMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series
  • As of January 2013.  Future products should also support DisplayPort 1.2 MST
  • Parts with a ‘D’ suffix indicate desktop APU solutions
  • Not all products feature DisplayPort 1.2 MST – Check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities
0 Likes

last time i looked DP to 3x HDMI were about $130 a pop and depending on the number of panels you want to use, it can cost a few extra pesos

the market for MSP DP to HDMI is rather thin as most use one panel, even dual panels is comparatively uncommon

about the only ones I can think of that need a bunch of screens is stock traders who want it all on screen

0 Likes