cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

herr_thunder98
Journeyman III

how do i use the dedicated video card?

Hi everyone, i bought a laptop for video editing, noting too fancy, an acer aspire 3 with a Ryzen 5 2500u, 8 RAM, a 2GB R535 video card and 1TB of HDD, the issue is that i noticed most of the softwares recognize the Vega 8 graphics (integrated), and the pc is not doing too well in photoshop, it struggles with photoshop animations (even for opening the render window), i would like to know if my dedicated graphic card is not activated. a friend of mine has a similar pc with a ryzen 3 and 8gb ram and he doesn't experience the same problem. did i made a bad buy?.

Thanks.screen.jpgscreen 2.jpg

2 Replies

See this AMD help page for the instructions:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017#SGApplication 

Just know that some apps and games no matter what you do just don't play nice with machines with switchable graphics.

Is this the general Model Number of your Laptop - Aspire A315-41?

IF this is the Model you have I noticed that there are two fairly recent BIOS updates for your laptop in 2019: Product Support | Acer United States 

Also do you have the latest Acer VGA Driver from your laptop download page?

IF THIS ISN'T YOUR LAPTOP MODEL THAN YOU NEED TO GO TO ACER SUPPORT DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR YOUR SPECIFIC LAPTOP MODEL AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST BIOS AND VGA AND CHIP SET (If applicable) INSTALLED.

Those two updates may help your laptop function better. If the link that pokester‌ doesn't help then I suggest you open a ACER SUPPORT TICKET and see what they recommend.