cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

namebrandketchup
Journeyman III

How do I get my graphics card to run at full speed on certain games?

Core Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor

Graphics Card: Radeon RX 570 Series

Ram: 8gb DDR4

Power Supply (not sure exactly but my computer gets enough power)

-------------------------------------------------------------

So I have a question about my graphics card. When I play this game called Lego Indiana Jones 2 on steam, I get around 300-400 fps which runs smoothly, but I want to perform some glitches which require about 600-700 fps. So my question is how do I tell my graphics card to make Lego Indiana Jones 2 run faster. I know my graphics card isn't using its full potential when I play the game. I can see that when I use the statistics from the AMD Radeon Settings app. My CPU and my ram is also not using its full potential when I play my game, but I know to get better FPS it needs to be my graphics card that runs faster. How do I do this? Is there some program or something?

Sorry if that's confusing, just ask if you have questions.

2 Replies

Your card is by default set to run things as fast as it can. Yes it may be possible to squeeze a few more frames out of it with optimizations or overclocking etc. 

300-400 fps is already insanely fast. No changes are going to make it do nearly double. 

This is why there are more expensive cards they go faster. 

Now if you are willing to greatly decrease the screen resolution you may be able to get it to the frames you want.

0 Likes

Thanks. I really thought it would be able to do more. I have tried setting

the resolution to 800x600 and that hasn't worked. Thanks for the help