cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

XrEZoE
Journeyman III

How do i flash a bios

I have a gigabyte 5700 xt and it seems that the card is not working at all i get the lights but no fans. I have no idea how but i think A automatic update messed this card up it is a brand new card and it was working fine for about a week.. now my computer doesn't even recognize the card at all. I have deleted all drivers associated with the card and I cant even get the card to show up as a device.. I also used GPUZ and it doesn't find the card either. I have checked all devices in device manager and also cleared all of those and ran amds utility to clean all amd drivers as well so it seems something on the card is actually the problem

0 Likes
9 Replies

First thing I would do, since it is such a new GPU Card, is open a Gigabyte Warranty ticket and have them check it out for you. They can also update the BIOS on the GPU Card for you while checking it if they believe it is applicable.

Last thing you want to do is mess with the GPU card and possibly void the Warranty.  Even though updating the BIOS shouldn't void the Warranty but if you do it wrong or something goes wrong then it might.

But before doing the above, try using the GPU Card on a different PCIe x 16 slot on the motherboard to rule out a defective Motherboard PCIe slot.

Also by removing and reinstalling the GPU card can make the PC recognize it again.

In BIOS does it show the PCIe slot being in use?

Make sure the PCIe Power cable is connected and working to the GPU card.

Do you have an problems installing the AMD Driver package or does it come back with a error saying there is no AMD GPU card detected or installed or some other error.

Best way to see if the problem is with the GPU card if you can install it on another computer and see if the same issue occurs or install another GPU card on the same slot on your Motherboard and see if it works. This will eliminate the Motherboard as being defective if another GPU card works or your GPU card doesn't work in another computer.

Download a program called SPECCY and see if what is shown on PCIe slot #1 on your motherboard and under "Graphics".

0 Likes
triple
Adept II

test your card on another system.

On my previous RIG I had this issue after DDU , device not recognize as videocard so I can't install any drivers.

The only working solution was format and réinstall windows...

After reinstalling windows devices was detected, and then crimson can install.

Flashing vbios with ATIFLASH is very risky, one time I brick a R9-290 trix with no reason , luck for me I had 2 bios with a button.

good luck

0 Likes

well instead of risking installing a new bios i think ill reinstall windows I have to do that anyways since dad has messed up this machine multiple times now

0 Likes

I tried to install it on my other computer but the fans didnt work there either. but the card had the logo still lighting up.

0 Likes

The RX5700 GPU cards has Zero RPM feature.

This means that the GPU fans won't turn on unless the GPU temperature reaches and surpasses 60C.

So it is normal for the fans not to run during normal use unless the GPU temperature goes to 60C or above.

At boot up it should turn on for maybe a second or so and then turn off. This is normal since BIOS is checking out the GPU card while booting up.

0 Likes

Well i just reinstalled windows and im not even seeing the card in display adapters in device manager. I have tried it in another pcie slot and still nothing. This is mind boggling. It was working fine and then the next day nothing. I think a guy recommended that i open a ticket with AMD or gigabyte how do i go about doing that?

0 Likes

If the GPU card is not showing after installing the AMD driver then you need to go to Gigabyte Warranty Support to check out your GPU card.

Go here: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/Warranty/Graphics-Card and on "Warranty" click on  "User Support" to request an Online Warranty Service.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 144532.png

0 Likes

amd.com/report

or gigabyte.com and go to support

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Well i did start a warranty ticket but I also decided to poke some more at this card to see some things.

I have not did any bios flashes or touched the bios of the card at all but this is what i noticed.. 

Pulled card out..

Pulled card out of my other computer.. to test slot.... started computer computer started just fine with my old 670 in it..

said ok so its not the slot slot is working fine..

pulled my card out stuck the new card in..

restarted computer.. computer started to a black screen asking for a boot selection to be made..

said wtf

turned computer off and restarted the computer without the power cables connected to card..

computer started fine..

said hmmm ok well   with computer on... lets plug the power cables back up to see if i can install the driver software..

driver software said nope still cant find a card on system..

look in device manager.... NOTHING..

unplugged power from card..  

dunno whats making the computer boot to a black screen..  only happens when power is connected to the card.. Weird.

0 Likes