Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rundarm
Journeyman III

How do I encode H.265 using my RX580

https://www.amd.com/en/partner/radeon-rx550-rx560 

It says in that document. 

Radeon™ RX 550 and Radeon™ RX 560: Enjoy Gaming At Its Best

Both the Radeon™ RX 550 and Radeon™ RX 560 graphics cards come with features built for gamers, content consumers, and content creators. Optimized for streaming, recording, and sharing gameplay, AMD's Polaris-based GPUs ship ready to encode and decode at up to 4K 60fps using H.265 right out of the box.4

Additionally, the 4th Generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, featuring Asynchronous Shaders and an enhanced geometry engine, brings smooth and immersive gameplay.

Whether your target audience is looking to consume or create media, or game competitively, the Radeon™ RX 550 and Radeon™ RX 560 are powerful options that remove the limits on consumer ambitions.

Where is the transcode or AMD media encoder software to do h.265 at hardware level.

The 18.5.1 driver was the last one I knew that used the GPU.

What is AMD's response to CUDA?

Only use the CPU and never touch all the horsepower in the GPU?

I am not using a hybrid system.

0 Likes
6 Replies

And if you read the footnotes

One such of these is Cyberlink Power Director.

What is AMD's response to CUDA?

CUDA is proprietary nVidia technology, AMD doesn't use an equivalent proprietary technology, they use open standards.

rundarm
Journeyman III

Clipboard01.jpg

0 Likes

I can only see the cpu not the gpu.

0 Likes
rundarm
Journeyman III

Thanks you for your response black_zion! I didn't know about prorenderer. In my biography is my computer.

0 Likes

if you want to transcode video, I use Handbrake which can handle the job with a CPU if there is no suitable GPU support

0 Likes
rundarm
Journeyman III

The best thing I have found so far is MeGUI on sourceforge. I will consider this question answered except for the fact of why the picture doeesn't show my gpu processors unless I go back to 18.7.1.

0 Likes