cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mateczek123
Journeyman III

How do I completely turn off the integrated graphic card?

Hello. I just bought MSI Bravo 17 with two graphic cards. I bought it mainly to work on SolidWorks, but when I turn the SolidWorks on the screen is flickering and options are dissapering until I hover the mouse over them. I recognized where the problem is - I need to totally turn off the integrated graphic card (AMD Radeon Graphics) - which I dont how to do. Here are some things that are tried to do and they're not working.

Open the SolidWorks with Radeon RX5500M - doesnt work.

Turn off the graphic card in device manager - works, but instead of all system working on RX5500M it works on Microsoft Display Adapter - it is very slow and SolidWorks works way slower than it should.

Is there some way to force explorer.exe to work on that dedicated graphic card? Thank you for any help you can offer.

0 Likes
8 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

There is probably an option in the bios to disable the graphics on the APU.

Switching to high performance power plan in windows should default to using the discrete GPU and is probably worth trying before messing with the bios.

0 Likes

Where can I find such option? I mean in Windows.

0 Likes

Open up control panel,

Change the view by option to icons.

Select power options

That takes you to where you can select or create power plans.

0 Likes

I changed it everywhere to maximum performance - still doesnt work. Also i cant find option i BIOS to change the graphic card - do I need to change the bios to make it work?

0 Likes
dealsshutter
Journeyman III

START > Control Panel > System > Select the "Hardware" tab > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (common is the intel integrated graphics accelerator) and select DISABLE.  Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

#graphic problem#unable to install graphics#graphicscardissues

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

when I turn it off it goes to Microsoft Display Adapter which is slow and works only in 64Hz. I want all my stuff work on that dedicated graphic card.

0 Likes
thonny08
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have the same problem, i was becoming crazy because i thought that my laptop it was broken. Did you resolve this trouble??

0 Likes

hi there, I am a Houdini user, I have same UI flickering issue.
As above posts, I try to stop Display Adaptor in Device Manger.
When I start Houdini , that is not able to run openGL3.3 and cause fatal error if I stop "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics"
Instead , it work fine if I Stop "Radeon RX 5500M"

0 Likes