cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kibbl
Journeyman III

How can i use both of my monitors with ryzen 3400g and radeon HD6570?

Good evening! 

My problem short: my mainboard has only one HDMI out but i want it to work with two monitors. My processor should be able to handle that, the mainboard doesnt.
Adding the mentioned GPU card was not working for me; did i make something wrong or is it normal that it will never work? I dont know.
Adding a USB card into the PCIx1 slot and plug the monitors into a USB-C to 2x HDMI cable didnt work too.
I literally tried every BIOS option i could remember to get two monitors running and i am at the point where i need professional help xD

At the moment i am using a 3 year old windows 10 PC: 

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, always updated (not everytime the best idea, i know)
  • Asus Prime X570-P mainboard
  • AMD Ryzen 3400G processor, water cooled
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4-3000 RAM
  • optional: a Club Radeon HD6570 2gb. 

please reply when you have more questions regarding my setup or ideas for a better threat subject. Solutions would be nice too.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The only time you can use one driver for a Non-supported GPU card and Supported GPU card is if the AMD Driver is compatible with both.

Otherwise you won't be able to install two different AMD drivers at the same time unless  you do some sort of workaround.

The HD6570 last Windows 10 AMD driver is from 2015 & 2016. Both are not compatible with the Ryzen 3400G Integrated Graphics.

While the Ryzen 3400G AMD Driver is not compatible with the HD 6570 GPU card.

The 3400g support 2 monitors by the way.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kibbl
Journeyman III

What i nearly forgot to mention are some driver issues. 

For some reason i can not use the Radeon hd6570 drivers in AMD cataclysm control center together with the Ryzen 3400G drivers in AMD Radeon Software. when i install the one it uninstalls/ deactivates the other one. 
A solution for that problem could help with my main task working with two monitors. 

0 Likes

The only time you can use one driver for a Non-supported GPU card and Supported GPU card is if the AMD Driver is compatible with both.

Otherwise you won't be able to install two different AMD drivers at the same time unless  you do some sort of workaround.

The HD6570 last Windows 10 AMD driver is from 2015 & 2016. Both are not compatible with the Ryzen 3400G Integrated Graphics.

While the Ryzen 3400G AMD Driver is not compatible with the HD 6570 GPU card.

The 3400g support 2 monitors by the way.

Aww

Installing Ryzen drivers on windows and Radeon in a VM is not an option. 

Then we come to the other part of my failed tries connecting two monitors with the Mainboard without using the Radeon card. 

A HDMI splitter only works if I want to duplicate the image. DP is not an option on the Asus prime x570-P.

A USB to 2*HDMI didn't work but it should. There is my chance

0 Likes

I am not experience about running drivers in a VM environment. Someone else will need to guide you on that one. But you can't have 2 different AMD Drivers in a regular Windows environment.

If the driver is installed in the VM Windows environment then it might work since it probably won't affect the Ryzen IGPU since the VM Windows is separate from the Windows your IGPU is running from. But I am just guessing.

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and  BIOS version and  Windows version installed?

What is the Make & Model of both of your monitors and how are they going to be connected to your Motherboard's Video Output ports?

EDIT: According to this Processor Data site - WikiChip the 3400G supports up to 3 Displays: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_5/3400g#Graphics

Screenshot 2022-04-05 080758.png

0 Likes