cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sourov_dhar
Adept I

how can i set the temp max:80; target: 45 in the wattman in version 18.12.2. Thanks

My pc goes to power saving mode while playing pubg. I posted this before and someone suggested the wattman setting mentioned. But i change the driver version to 18.12.2. But the pc started crashing again. So i want the wattman profile back.

0 Likes
19 Replies

kingfish‌ or pokester‌ can show you how to set up Wattman as soon as you post your computer specs, especially your GPU Card you have installed.

I will be glad if anyone can help. My sepcs are:- Ryzen 7 1700, MSI x470 gaming+, Sapphire nitro+ rx580, Gskill trident z 2*8gb 3000 bus, Thermaltake smart rgb 700w.

0 Likes

These are the latest drivers for your card > Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Using Wattman with this card is problematic because of the conflict with Wattman settings and controls and the included Trixx graphics controller and the "Intelligent Fan Control" . Either use Trixx or Wattman. If using Wattman, delete the Trixx application from your computer. Disabling does no good.

In a game profile...(not Global setting) change Temperature to manual...lower temperature (slider) to desired temp (80c) and raise the Power Limit to the max + value (all the way to the right). Click "Apply" at top of page. Leave all other settings as they are...default/automatic.

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

i don't really wanna use wattman anymore. Can u tell me how can i disable wattman and enable trixx? or is there any video tutorial? thanks.

0 Likes

Just never enable/click on Wattman. Talk to Sapphire about the issue/question you posted.

Make sure your computer power plan is set to Performance...(not 'Balanced').

thanks man. Really appreciate the help.

0 Likes

Here is the link to the latest Sapphire Trixx software: Request Rejected 

Just curious as to why you asked about Wattman configuration when you never wanted to use it in the first place.

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

cause i didn't know about trixx before. Now that i have used wattman and i am facing some issues so i think i am gonna try something else now.

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

kingfish‌ can u tell me the version of the driver that  is on the screenshot? I need to try this version. Cause in my version (18.12.2) there is no slider.

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

No i wanted to know the version

0 Likes

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

thanks man

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

kingfish‌ How to configure this since there is no slider.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Did you scroll down to the bottom of that page? 

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

I tried trixx but still didn't work

0 Likes
sourov_dhar
Adept I

Can anyone suggest me some Trixx setting to avoid my gpu crashing while gaming? Looks like nothing is working for me. I am kinda mad at amd drivers now

0 Likes