cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

julcasal
Journeyman III

How can i get AMD attention to fix the buggy graphics they put in my laptop HP Pavilion 15-aw002la?

HP Pavilion 15-aw002la

Windows 10 64bits

I know it's not the best laptop but it's functinoal. But that last driver from 2016 doesn't work well pls  . I just want my laptop to stop displaying error messages related with radean graphics.

Problems:

- Black screens occur very often.

- Game have FPS drop even in the lowest settings.

- Available updates (According to Radeon Settings) but it won't update.

8 Replies

What do you mean "it won't update"?

0 Likes

This is what i mean... "Updates" but then i'ts the same driver.

C.PNGC2.PNGC3.PNGC4.PNG

0 Likes

Driver numbers look to be HP versions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

elstaci

Yeah, the only drivers that "work" are the HP ones.

0 Likes

You didn't give any laptop specs. But it seems like you have a A10-9600P AMD APU Processor installed in your laptop.  You need to install the latest APU Driver from AMD Download page (04/22/2019) from here: 7th Gen A10-9600P APU Drivers & Support | AMD .

This APU driver will install both the integrated and Discrete Graphics for your laptop. This is how to do it: Laptop graphics update...How to 

Next you need to be sure you have the latest BIOS version installed on your laptop. The last BIOS Version is from 11/23/2018) - F31 Rev A. HP Pavilion 15-aw002la (ENERGY STAR) - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

You may want to look at your laptop's Product page which give a lot of useful troubleshooting tips concerning your laptop:HP Pavilion 15-aw002la (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Customer Support 

After updating your APU Driver to the latest AMD Driver and making sure you have the latest BIOS installed. See if there is any difference in performance.  If not I would suggest to open a HP Support Ticket and see what they say.

By the way, HP has an Online Diagnostic page that will check your Laptop for any defective or failing hardware. Here the Diagnostic page for your laptop from HP Support: HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support 

So this appears every time y tried to open Radeon setting afeter downloading the 

7th Gen A10-9600P APU Drivers (04/22/2019)

pastedImage_1.png

I'm going back to the hp buggy drivers, at least Redeon Settings open i guess... 

0 Likes

Run DDU from wagnardsoft_com, follow the included instructions and then install the latest drivers again. I would try that first before reverting to the old driver. If you are going to regress to those old drivers you will also want to run DDU before doing that.

kits
Journeyman III

after updating the bios, yo must go to configuration settins and change the boot mode from UEFI to legacy, then you can update your drivers

0 Likes