Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ghostshells
Adept I

Horrible experience with a 7900 XTX UNUSABLE

Okay I’m about to return this tomorrow.

before I do maybe someone can help me

bought a 7900 XTX, got time out and issue every single time sometimes fast sometimes 5 minutes, along with whole screen black and white screen in mw2 I would do a 360 it would go away.

between the time out making the graphics card unusable + my whole screen going black and white this made my conclusion this card is completely trash.

I did the latest drivers clean install cleaned all nvidia things etc fresh drivers with adrenaline nothing went ahead and did a full OS clean install. 

So this time I did the latest drivers same thing and time out and black and white screen.

cleaned those drivers did the first drivers avail on website, everything seemed to work fine, FPS was 150-170 some areas 180 on resurgence/warzone pretty low considering my 3080ti gets 150. 

then updating to the second last drivers everything went to **bleep** again same time out issues same black and white screen. Then updated to the latest drivers everything same thing.

did a whole fresh install with drivers cleaned everything went to the first drivers no fix.

Unusable , yes I tried disabling the windows double monitor thing with registry thing. Took off xmp all etc did everything possible

Complete horrible experience.

AMD 5959x

CROSSHAIR HERO VIII

GSKILL DDR4 3200 RAM

SAMSUNG EVO SSD 

temps were great on everything cpu gpu.

my computer has all the latest drivers and chipset drivers everything is updated bios also.

At this point extremely disappointed never touching AMD again was about to build a new PC and go amd route but I’m sticking to a 13900k + 4090 ROG STRIX.

1200$ unusable graphics card.

6 Replies
Johnnylight76
Journeyman III

Can you confirm your Power supply model and Wattage?

Also, are you sure that everything is properly secured to the motherboard and not potential grounding issues - sometimes it just takes a little dust underneath the processor pin.

Additionally what is your processor model, motherboard model (what firmware are you using)? 

Best of luck and if you want to ship it to me I can take it off your hands for you:)

5950x latest bios evga 1300watt power supply 

its nothing else besides these drivers/card

my system runs perfect on my 3080ti software or card  is just trash

0 Likes

Thats realy a low fps , also looks as an issue with power,  are you using two separated 8 pin cables, not a pigtail?

0 Likes

They are 3 psu connectors all running off their own.

power is fine reaches max power consumption 

0 Likes

what about core clock isnt it 500 up too 3000+-mhz via adrenaline software. That was what caused kinda horrible temperatures and instability in my case... "defaul factory profil"

0 Likes

anyone got this card and got it to work? Mine seems to be malfunctioning as well.  for sure not a power Issue because it happens with nothing running as well. I tried all driver version, multiple people with IT background and studies looked at it and every component of my pc is less then a month old.

0 Likes