cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alpf300
Journeyman III

High Memory Clocks on Idle RX 5600 XT

I have an issue with high power consumption on my system due to high memory speeds (1750 MHz @ 35 W), which on previous drivers wasn't an issue if you followed these guides: "https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/g8el8x/5700_xt_high_memory_clock_fix_144hz_1750mhz/"

I have 2 1080p 75 Hz monitors which are conected via HDMI to the card. As of driver 21.6.2 I could use the fix above to run my panels at 74 Hz with normal idle memory clock speeds and power usage (200 Mhz @15 W).

With subsequent driver updates I could no longer do this. I was forced to run 60 Hz on both panels to achieve normal idle speeds, which forced me to use HRC whenever I wanted to game.

Currently i'm running the 21.9.1 drivers which stated that this issue was fixed on the RX 5500XT (explicit on changelogs) and I get high idle memory clocks at idle, even when running both displays at 60 Hz.

I'm clueless as what to do to normalize the situation. I heard that DP doesn't suffer from this issue, but i can't switch to display port on my setup.

My current system specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @stock settings

Mobo: Asrock b450m-hdv r4

Ram 16 GB @3200 MHz

GPU: Saphire RX 5600 XT Pulse BE

Cheers.

0 Likes
1 Solution
alpf300
Journeyman III

As of driver 21.10.1, I am able to run both my monitors at 75Hz with normal power and memory clocks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kyton
Adept III

Got the same problem on a RX 6600 XT with the new drivers.  Idle shows memory at full speed.

Rolled back to  21.8.2 and those work fine.

0 Likes
alpf300
Journeyman III

As of driver 21.10.1, I am able to run both my monitors at 75Hz with normal power and memory clocks.