cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

masterdisaster
Adept I

Re: High FPS, in-game stuttering

In the meanwhile, I upgraded to a VEGA 56 and the issues are still the same.

Today, I even reinstalled Windows completely, only to end up on the same issues after reinstall...

If anyone still has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm done.

herogreat001
Journeyman III

Hi, 1700x + Asus Crosshair vi wifi/ac here

Suddenly my cpu experienced stuttering, but FPS was consistently over 200

Updated BIOS, MOBO chipset driver, graphics driver, every driver I could think of, nothing worked.

However, I did remember it happened after some update.

Finally, I figured it out. It was the BIOS

So after bios update, AMD would erase every setting you previously had, unlike intel

This caused huge issue, because I fine tuned my overclock but forgot to record every number.

I quick overclocked cpu and ram, but forgot to disable gear down in RAM tuning section

Yes, you have to DISABLE gear down.

All of a sudden, it works perfect again.

So for those who has stuttering but no FPS dropping, and you have AMD cpu

Try this method, it might surprise you,

or not. Every situation is different, but this is an easy move comparing to driver unintsall, right?

my 2 cents. hope it helps.

gvarlden
Journeyman III

Same problem on a prebuilt with a RX 580, tried everything on this page and soo much more, yet the issue persists.

0 Kudos
razewow
Journeyman III

Hello guys! 

I have this problem on with my RX560 in CS: GO. And i find the solution!

If u have MSI afterburner with RIVA tuner u can use monitoring of GPU core frequency, memory frequency and % usage of GPU. I playing 1280x960, and have stuttering on 150-200 fps. And one time i was playing with monitoring, i  noticed, that stutters was in time, when core or memory frequency changes. Frequencys are dymanic, and it's a problem for RX 500 series. When frequency stable on max 1300 core and 1750 memory on my card (sapphire rx560 2gb pulse oc) game STABLE TOO!

I locked my frequencys in Radeon Wattman global settings, and FPS are stable.

wattman.jpg

wattman2.jpg

Try to set this settings and play.

I hope it will be help you. Get some feedback if it helps.

P.S. sorry for my english, and screenshots on russian )))

vtecquila
Journeyman III

Best fix for ryzen csgo stutter problem , the only one that really helped me with the fps is this. Run CSGO go to task manager on processes tab and right click on csgo exe choose go to details , on details tab right click cs go exe again and choose Set affinity and uncheck CPU 0

razor33
Journeyman III

Hi, try tuning your gpu down. I was having a stuttering issue where the fps would drop to 30fps for a moment and go back up to the avg fps. This would occur every 5-10secs in game. However it wouldn't start right away, it would take a few minutes of game play to start. So I checked my temps and the gpu was at 83 deg when stuttering. So my friend asked me if I was overclocking my video card, and I said no, but then realized that maybe my card was overheating by default. So I then first under clocked my card at -9%, the gpu temps dropped to 74ish, and the stuttering stopped. I'm now running at -3% gpu, temps around 78, and no stuttering. Depending on your local temp and humidity, you may need to adjust further.

My video card is marketed as an OC model, but couldn't handle the default gpu clock settings 

Anyway, hopefully this can help others with the same problem, Happy gaming!!!

GPU_tuning.PNG

FYI - I tried adrenaline versions 17, 18, 19, various different cable & monitor combinations, and Radeon settings before I solved my issue.

0 Kudos
rush7
Adept I

Hey all,
My PC started shutting down after playing 10 minutes after I got a Windows 10 update. Later I updated AMD Radeon Driver from AMD website, then I started using a different new UI to configure the GPU settings.

What I have done is to limit my FPS for CSGO between 75 and 160, now it is very smooth and there is no shutdown issue. I will post later the GPU settings for you guys.

0 Kudos
herogreat001
Journeyman III

You checked the gpu temperature?

0 Kudos
rush7
Adept I

Yes, GPU temperature was between 70-80, CPU temperature was between 55-60, I watched too long time it instantly was shutting down. It happened 4 times then I updated AMD software now it is OK. I think I was using quite old version, when Windows was updated it started failing I guess.

0 Kudos
rush7
Adept I

here are my new AMD radeon settings

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos