cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

noahvijay
Journeyman III

Hi i am using R7 360 GPU in motherbord DH55Tc and can i upgrade to RX 590 fatboy is this possible?

Hi i am using R7 360 GPU in motherbord DH55Tc and can i upgrade to RX 590 fatboy is this possible?

0 Likes
3 Replies

A 10 year old motherboard I wouldn't upgrade the GPU before moving into something modern, but if you MUST, it is possible there will be conflicts with hardware that old, and if your power supply is also 10 years old, you will have conflicts.

0 Likes

It really depends on what cpu you have and how much ram. If you had the unlocked top end i7 of that era and 16gb of ram and your power supply meets the requirements then sure give a try. You can always transplant that card to a new machine if you don't feel it was enough of an upgrade. As black zion already noted you may run into issues but my experience has been pretty good upgrading older machines with newer gpus. Buy you card local retail if you can and if things don't work out, it is easy to return. 

0 Likes

Also the possibility of motherboard not having UEFI support/option for graphics.

Probably best to ask on Intel support/forum.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes