cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi guys my MSI RX 480 GAMING X has a really weird behaviour? can you guys help me?

So i just recently finished my build, i was testing some games and things started to get chaothic.

When i open Friday the third my gpu fans suddenly ramp up and my card loses video signal, then it just stays like that until i turn it off, this also happen with metal gear solid phantom pain in the first moments of the gameplay when the explosion in the elevator happens; and in honey select.

BUT

In other games this doesn't happens

DOOM (either vulkan or open gl)

God Eater Resurrection and God Gater Rage Burst

The Elder Scrolls 5

and in The sims 3 (but sometimes loses signal and recovers)

I also tested it with heaven benchmark and it didnt had any problems

I dont even know what is going now, any of you had this problem before?

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X (default settings, it can be overclocked)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard: GIGABYTE AX370 GAMING 3

RAM: XPG FLAME DDR4 8 GB 2400 MHZ (8X1)

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 64 bits

GPU Drivers: 18.7.1

Background Applications: N/A

Description of Original Problem: PC suddenly ramps up GPU fans and loses signal in certain games.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Hi guys my MSI RX 480 GAMING X has a really weird behaviour? can you guys help me?

What is the driver version?

0 Kudos

Re: Hi guys my MSI RX 480 GAMING X has a really weird behaviour? can you guys help me?

you can consider updating the driver and selecting "clean install" when updating.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I just uninstalled it, cleaned it with ccleaner and installed the 18.7.1, and it fixed it, but only to a certain degree.

Now i can play friday the third and mgs v but after a while thsi happens again

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I actually did it, i uninstalled the driver, cleaned with ccleaner and installed the 18.7.1, it worked... to a certain degree...

Now i can play those games, but after a while this happens again and i have to force shutdown

0 Kudos

Does the driver tell you anything?

As you know, are there other players who are experiencing this problem?

If they don't meet it, I think you may need to contact the manufacturer for after-sales service.

0 Kudos