cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dean453
Journeyman III

HELP

so i bought this brand new laptop , lenovo ideapad 330arr , with a ryzen 5 2500u and a vega 8 graphics , did the graphic updates (this was about 8 months ago)  and it went all good but than the screen started flickering for few times , few days later the laptop screen went off , it turns on the fan works the hdd runs but the screen stays off , no logo shown no access to bios , tried everything from cleaning the ram to resetting the cmos battery but nothing seems to work , tried projecting to an external monitor , nothing happened , tried having it to the local repair shop and the guy said the mb is dead , got it back home and its been there since , dont know what to do , thanks 

0 Likes
3 Replies

First that is specifically an issue with Lenovo and not AMD.

Also isn't your Lenovo Laptop still under Warranty

I believe most laptop manufacturers gives at least a one year Warranty.  So from your post you still have around 4 more months unless Lenovo has a long Warranty on that laptop.

0 Likes

well like i said i did try to clean the ram and all , that gives u no warranty no more , plus one thing i learnt after this thing happened , lenovo are the worst , they're kinda like okay we sold u this now go and never be back , there are lots of complains out there on forums , wish i did read before buying.

0 Likes

If with your laptop you able to install RAM memory yourself, like to add more RAM or upgrade RAM, then that shouldn't void your Warranty.

Cleaning your laptop shouldn't also void your Warranty unless you damaged the Laptop during the cleaning process.

Did Lenovo Support say your Warranty was voided because you opened the rear laptop's panel to gain access to the RAM Memory to clean it?

I don't know Lenovo's Warranty Terms & Conditions but as long as it wasn't Customer Error your Warranty should be valid.

Replacing the Laptop Motherboard will probably cost almost as much as a new Laptop (Labor & Parts) unless you do it yourself.

Note: you didn't mention about cleaning the RAM voiding your Lenovo Warranty in your original post.

0 Likes