Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MrDrChadex
Journeyman III

HELP! Sudden FPS drop and stuttering

Hi there!

Lately, I'm experiencing sudden fps drops in games. I used to play stable 70 to 90 fps in certain games (for instance Dota 2), dropping to 60-40 during fights where a lot of in-game actions were encountered. However, now after experiencing at least stable 60 fps, it drops to 10-15 and lasts up to 1-2 minutes, bouncing to 60-90 fps afterward. I didn't have this issue before and I'm seeking assistance to solve it.

All drivers are up to date and I tried to reinstall windows as well. Also I checked temp of my GPU and it doesn't exceeds 80% in-game, but the GPU usage is often 100%.

I bought this laptop brand new like 1 year ago.

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) 
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: VivoBook_ASUS Laptop X512DA_X512DA
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6092MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15D8)
Display Memory: 5079 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2033 MB
Shared Memory: 3045 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Captain_mbull
Adept II

have you benchmark the temp as well when you playing, because when you check the heat while just using only on home or other application that uses low wattage its a bit pointless, the second is the driver issue, you can downgrade the driver tho but im not sure if the old driver is stable or not, the third is try benchmark the ram usage, is 8gb of ram, but are you playing game with other application still running or not, some games do using a lot more ram so you have a spare free ram left like only 1gb left or maybe 500mb, and the last is just lower the quality, ye just play with low poly you need the fps not the quality if you play competetive

(sorry bad english)

0 Likes

Thnx, I’ll try that and monitor RAM usage as well. 

0 Likes

have you solved it? im facing same issue right now

0 Likes