cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

help please!!big fps loss if i run games at fullscreen with the vsync on

i have an R7 370 strix 4GB and i faced the following problem. to some games at fullscreen mode whatever the other graphic settings ,at some points i loose 30!! framespsec!! for 60 drops to 30 to that point without obvious reason! if i run the game to windowed mode i dont have this problem and the frames stays to 60 normally. the games with that problem is the Rainbow six siege and the call of duty black ops 3 .my system is i7 4790, 16gb ram 1600mhz, r7 370 strix 4gb, ssd samsung 230gb and westerb digital 1tb.my operating system is windows 10 with the last update. my driver version is crimson 16.1.1 help me please the system it costs me very maτch and there is no money for further upgrading....

0 Kudos
14 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: help please!!big fps loss if i run games at fullscreen

Please try using Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta to see if you get the same behaviour when switching between full screen modes.

no. with any catalyst driver i havent that problem.but since i have installed crimson and after the problem persists even if i uninstall crimson with amd claenup utility.i like catalyst and i want to install it but some games dont work at all with catalyst like rainbow six siege.that game requires crimson to play correctly.othewise the textures are corrupt.thank you for the responce do you know something to do to fix it?maybe some fix edition of crimson or something??

0 Kudos

i waiting for an answer.i respect amd it has very good hardware at very friendly prices an i hoping to find me a solution.i have some information more.if i uncheck vsync the fullscreen mode it has not this behavior

0 Kudos
adrenalinemech
Adept III

Try installing clockblocker. It will fix the fps drops and the stuttering. I was having the same problems with an R9 380 and it fixed most of my performance issues.

ClockBlocker Contents

Hope this helps!

at rainbow six it helps.on call of duty nothing is changed...thanks anyway

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a known issue which we are investigating, we hope to have a fix soon. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

thank you for the responce!!

0 Kudos

it will fixed with the new 16.2 driver?

0 Kudos

sorry for the interupt but you have roll out 3 new driver versions and the problem does not fixed so far.some games is not playable if the vsync option is on like rainbow six and some others is also unplayable like call of duty black ops 3.please do something i cant play like this

0 Kudos