cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lsvtec1
Journeyman III

Help my Asus Dual 5500xt wont hit max clock

Edit :also been having issue with pc starting up , keeps freezing on windows booting. have to do the 3x power off to get the auto repair going . then tells me could not fix anything , and i hit restart , and windows boots . this only happens when the system if off for several hours. upon first boot up is when the problems below happens.........

Just recently I built me a new gaming rig . Had it for about 3 months with no issues . But now all of sudden my 5500xt has been acting strange . I've done driver reinstall , fresh windows install , even as far as flashing bios to newer version and back. Yes all the proper Mobo drivers are installed . But for some reason upon first startup of the day , I'll run a game and the GPU wont hit the clock speed I set on MSI afterburner. I would have to shut the game down , and restart the pc . Once I'm back in everything is fine .... Is this driver issue? Hardware issue? 

Here a quick vid I made to show you : YouTube 

Pls help 

System specs : 

Ryzen 5 3600 ,With a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Black RGB
XPG Spectrix D41 RGB 16 GB (8x2)  DDR4 3600 Mhz
MSI B450 Gamin Plus Max
Asus Dual RX 5500 OC XT 8GB.
Silicon Power 1TB NVMe
ThermalTake 600W smart 80+ white PSU
Lian Li Lancool 2 case

Windows 10 build 2004

Latest adrenaline drivers 20.5.1

0 Likes
2 Replies
lsvtec1
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes
lsvtec1
Journeyman III

After a bunch of tinkering , found that my pc will boot with no issues with the windows generic drivers , but always crashes on startup with the adrenaline drivers. I've tried DDU in safe mode , then restart and install different versions of adrenaline , but they all crash on startup. Is there something I'm doing wrong or could my graphics card be defective. All my pc parts were bought brand new, so I'd like to solve this before warranties start to expire thanks.

0 Likes