cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ForZz54nsk
Adept I

Help me optimize my ryzen 5600x (gaming, pubg, warzone, low latency)

5600х, rx 6600, 32gb ram 3200, nvme 1 tb, b550-aorus-elite-v2 (gigabite)
bios version "f15a"
Friends, please help with tips and tweaks. How to improve the responsiveness of the system in games ?!
What settings to use, what to enable and disable in the BIOS? What settings to change in Windows, and what network settings are best suited for games ?!
The problem of high latency in games, they kill behind the wall and the enemies have a super reaction (

6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would start by going into the BIOS and checking the DDR4 speed.  Look for settings to increase the speed setting and make sure you are running the RAM at least at the speed rating the RAM is advertised to support.  Also, before doing this, go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and check what RAM speeds the motherboard supports and what the latest BIOS version is.  If there is a newer BIOS available, I suggest you flash the motherboard to the newer version.

Getting back to being in the BIOS, check the speed setting for your CPU too.  Also look at the PCIe slot settings (PCIe 3.0 or 4.0?).  If you end up flashing to a newer BIOS, you will have to go back into the BIOS and double-check the settings again of course.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Yes, I put xp 3200, and gen 4, but these are just the first steps, right?

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Check Windows power management and make sure it is set to high performance.

Check Windows advanced display setting and set it to the max Framerate your monitor will support at the resolution you want to run. Windows by default will have this at 29.997Hz. This has something to do with a bug they never fixed with the Xbox Game Bar feature. 

0 Likes

Yes, it was done a long time ago, it's not the reason

0 Likes

Have you checked that you are running the latest AMD display drivers? Check for chipset drivers by looking at the motherboards webpage for the latest versions; this includes ethernet and things of this nature.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

BigAl makes a good point.

Your MOBO BIOS versions and CPU chipset drivers. There are often BIOS versions that provide better support and performance for your particular build. Without the right BIOS version the latest CPU chipset drivers can be poorly supported or unsupported.

Also check windows update and ensure you have the latest .Net Framework. This framework plays a big role in your GPU audio and Internet performance.