cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

handsi
Journeyman III

Help finding graphics card version (AMD R5)

Hello,

My son has a HP Laptop and unfortunately the Hard Drive went (which had W-10 installed). I had an old hard drive with Windows 8.1 on it which I shoved in and it works fine. I have managed to install all drivers apart from the graphics driver. Problem I am having is Windows 8.1 does not recognise (P-n-P) the version of the in-built graphics card and uses a generic Microsoft basic graphics driver - which doesn't work with the games he wants to play (Minecraft, Fortnite, various Steam games including Ark Survival Evolved).

Whenever I try to install the driver it fails through the automated installation, or does not run at all as it says there is no graphics driver installed (doh!). I could do the manual install, and have found out where all the drivers are in the C:/AMD directory, however I just cannot find anywhere what the version number is of the Graphics card is to install the correct driver. All I can find anywhere is "Radeon R5" (I have even taken the cover off to see if it want on a sticker somewhere on the motherboard!)

So - AMD big minds out there - please could you help me work out the version so I can install the correct graphics driver!!!

(And no....I cannot find the Windows 10 activation key....I would have installed that by now if I had it!)

Laptop model is 15-ba083sa

Please let me know if you need any more info!

Cheers,

Iain.

0 Likes
1 Solution
handsi
Journeyman III

Community - all sorted. Found out through further digging that as this is integrated as APU and not a separate graphics card, which is why there was no additional model details. In this case it is an A8 7410 chipset. I was able to download and manually install the correct driver which worked perfectly. Son is happy!

Hopefully this thread will help others - spent about a week trying to resolve this.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
handsi
Journeyman III

Community - all sorted. Found out through further digging that as this is integrated as APU and not a separate graphics card, which is why there was no additional model details. In this case it is an A8 7410 chipset. I was able to download and manually install the correct driver which worked perfectly. Son is happy!

Hopefully this thread will help others - spent about a week trying to resolve this.

Thanks.

0 Likes