cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zesko
Adept I

HELP!!! Does the monitor with G-Sync-Compatible support AMD Radeon RX 5000 Series or new?

Hello,

I got the new monitor AOC 27G2U with Freesync Premium, but it is not, it is with"G-Sync" is in OSD menu of the monitor, not "freesync" and not "adaptive sync".

The AOC support said me that it uses "G-Sync Compatible", not native "G-Sync".  I checked this monitor with my AMD GPU RX 5700  and the latest version of AMD Radeon™ Software, but the software shows that "Freesync Premium" is supported and enabled. I do not know if it is bug. 

I do not know 100% if G-Sync-compatible supports my AMD Radeon RX 5700.

zesko_0-1620918682295.png

I got 4 x AOC 27G2U from different Online shops, but they use "G-Sync Compatile". I sent back two of four monitors. There is no real Freesync premium for AOC 27G2 in Germany, because its description lied to me.

Please answer quickly. I still have 10 days to return 2 monitors. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
zesko
Adept I

Well, First I tested exactly this monitor with "G-Sync-Compatible".

The result is that this monitor works fine with my AMD Radeon GPU.

How to test:

1.  Open gaming  "Resident Evil 3" on Windows 10, not Linux. Set refresh rate 144 Hz.

2.  Turn off "vsync" in the gaming setting, turn on "G-Sync" like "G-Sync-Compatible" and FPS display in OSD menu of this monitor. 

3. Press "Alt" + "R" to open Radeon Software -> Gaming -> Select "REsident Evil 3".

4. Set the limits FPS in Readeon Chill: 58 to 144 FPS. Then you test this game.

5. See FPS display of the monitor that is synchronized with the other FPS of GPU.

6. Result: Both FPS (Monitor and GPU) are much changeable and a bit the same.

That means "G-Sync-Compatible" actually supports my GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700. And it was also recognized as "Freesync Premium" in AMD Radeon Software.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
zesko
Adept I

Hi, @kingfish what do you mean by that?

0 Likes

I can't delete post after making it...and my answer was off subject. Sorry

0 Likes
zesko
Adept I

Well, First I tested exactly this monitor with "G-Sync-Compatible".

The result is that this monitor works fine with my AMD Radeon GPU.

How to test:

1.  Open gaming  "Resident Evil 3" on Windows 10, not Linux. Set refresh rate 144 Hz.

2.  Turn off "vsync" in the gaming setting, turn on "G-Sync" like "G-Sync-Compatible" and FPS display in OSD menu of this monitor. 

3. Press "Alt" + "R" to open Radeon Software -> Gaming -> Select "REsident Evil 3".

4. Set the limits FPS in Readeon Chill: 58 to 144 FPS. Then you test this game.

5. See FPS display of the monitor that is synchronized with the other FPS of GPU.

6. Result: Both FPS (Monitor and GPU) are much changeable and a bit the same.

That means "G-Sync-Compatible" actually supports my GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700. And it was also recognized as "Freesync Premium" in AMD Radeon Software.

Please correct me if I am wrong.