cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dratiff
Journeyman III

Hello everyone , I bought yesterday a laptop ( Lenovo ideapad 320 with i7-8th gen and AMD R7 530M ) that's what the package said but upon installing the drivers , It was identified as 440M not 530M , I don't know what's wrong or if I did something wrong o

Hello everyone , I bought yesterday a laptop ( Lenovo ideapad 320 with i7-8th gen and AMD R7 530M ) that's what the package said but upon installing the drivers , It was identified as 440M not 530M , I don't know what's wrong or if I did something wrong or what ?? please help me urgently and tell me what to do exactly
I'm currently using windows 10 received_2270759169663595.jpegreceived_2270759546330224.jpegreceived_2270759696330209.jpeg

0 Likes
5 Replies
hotrith
Miniboss

The AMD drivers is detecting the serie on the family of the GPU, if you want the correct value and serie, install the manufacturer drivers from Lenovo website, or the disc that came with the notebook.

I didn't verify anything on your info at all. My best guess is this. Often the same processors are re-badged under a newer generation and while the specs show the new name, often software still shows the original name. This may be what you have here. Best place to verify that is with your manufacturers tech support.

According to this it is re-badged architecture...

AMD Radeon 530 GPU - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech

thanks! I didn't have time to go searching!

dratiff
Journeyman III

Thank You everyone , I returned it and replaced it with another with 1050Ti Nvidia 4gb

0 Likes