HDR Issues with 5700 XT

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro..

X570 Aorus Pro WiFi Mobo with F4 Bios

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Driver version 19.9.1

Sometimes when I start Windows it appears the brightness is up very high. If I restart the computer it goes away and it works as expected. While it's bright if I turn HDR off it looks fine and normal. BUT, if I open Destiny 2 and the HDR is on in the game the brightness effect happens again. Which I need to completly restart my computer.

I have reinstalled windows and all drivers with DDU and this issues keeps happening. Any suggestions or additional info I can give?

EDIT:

This issue also happens if my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up. Resulting in me needing to do a full restart.

10 Replies
f0rward
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue as well, no idea what is causing it. I'm inclined to return this card. Nvidia never gave me this much trouble.

ego4th
Adept I

Same issue with XFX 5700 XT Thicc 2 Ultra - Adrenalin 19.9.2
Windows 10 1903

Intel i7-5930k

Samsung CHG90 monitor

0 Likes

I worked with AMD and Sapphire and they were unable to resolve it. I just sent the card in for RMA.

0 Likes

that means they will never be able to solve it ? I'm also facing the hdr poor color and high contrast issue from the time being

0 Likes
trixen
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem. Every game i've tested it out, or youtube, the colors seems just so bland, and brightness seems off too. I'm getting more vivid colors having hdr OFF. The comparison to TV's youtube app, or my old GTX1070 shows HUGE differences. I hope they can fix this, i can live with the other problems that i have, even if it costs alot of my time to fix them each time, but i CAN'T GIVE UP ON HDR on top of those.

I have 30days return timer ticking, if i can't get HDR fixed by then, ill just have to follow everyone else and get a 2070 super.

0 Likes
bewareofgr
Journeyman III

Just go on amd control panel and change the color from 6500K to auto...

Also to get HDR in games you need to disable first HDR videos from display settings on windows.

color now is correct.

0 Likes

Still not getting true hdr color as it should be. I tested in farcry 5 and new dawn that only scrgb hdr is working great but hdr10 type is giving poor and washed out color. I already sent mail to the amd support. They said it will take time to resolve the issue. Every frustrated user should send mail to the amd support so they will fix it ASAP. 

0 Likes

Can u plz tell me ur tv's model?

And if it is easy.explain us the the steps you are doing to activate HDR on windows...

0 Likes

I'm using 27inch chg70 Samsung monitor and xfx 5700xt reference edition. Steps are simple. During playing hdr supported games hdr is auto detected and I'm getting poor and washed out color. Again after closing the game auto hdr disable is not working. 

0 Likes

No the steps are not simple for HDR on pc yet...

1 you set 10 bit and 422 in the control panel

pastedImage_1.png

2.You change the color from 6500K to auto

pastedImage_2.png

3.You go to windows display settings and do this
pastedImage_4.png

Check only the settings cause everything else is in greek...

Also sometimes when you are in the game and you have dull colors alt+tab the game(on resident evil 7 this works)

Hope that helps.

0 Likes