Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

squish
Adept I

HDMI scaling (underscan) Issues

Hi,

I've an R9 r390 graphics card , an Epson EH-TW7000 Projector and driver version 20.11.2. Unfortunately, I have black bars at the edge of the projected screen (underscan). I already found this article: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-022 . But I cannot find the setting for adjusting HDMI scaling, it seems to have disappeared. Furthermore, the proper native resolution (3840x2160) is not detected: My windows display options does displays 4096x2160 as the recommend resolution.

I connected the projector to my notebook with the same HDMI cable, and the problem does not occur. Neither on Windows 10 nor Ubuntu - There are no scaling issues and the native resolution is also detected properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
squish
Adept I

I fixed it by selecting the proper resolution in the display settings in the menu where you can list all available display modes. When selecting the proper resolution in the normail display option Windows didn't change the resolution, it only did when doing that in the list with all the display modes. Weird...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
squish
Adept I

I just played a video game - the black edges magically dissappear and the display works. Unfortunately, they reappear when quitting the game and switching back to windows :/

Surprisingly, Windows Display options show a different solution than the radeon software (3840x2160 vs. 4096x2160)

0 Likes
squish
Adept I

I fixed it by selecting the proper resolution in the display settings in the menu where you can list all available display modes. When selecting the proper resolution in the normail display option Windows didn't change the resolution, it only did when doing that in the list with all the display modes. Weird...

0 Likes