cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

echoreaper
Journeyman III

HDMI Scaling setting available but nonfunctional

I have a TV connected via HDMI 1.0 to my R9 380. The TV is 4K, but since the 380 doesn't support HDMI 2.0, I have it set to 1080p@60Hz. When I have it at 1080p@30Hz, the scaling is correct, but when I change it to 60 Hz through Display adapter properties > Monitor, the TV overscans the desktop and it goes past the physical screen's boundaries. I have always had this issue with the TV (which doesn't have a build-in overscan setting), and in the past I've solved it by increasing the HDMI Scaling setting in Radeon Settings.

GsWEvCS.png

However, ever since I clean installed Windows 10 Creators Update, changing HDMI Scaling does nothing. The same is true with the Underscan slider under Scaling Options in Catalyst Control Center. I am using Radeon Crimson ReLive edition 17.4.1.

How can I get HDMI Scaling working?

0 Likes
15 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: HDMI Scaling setting available but nonfunctional

Different subject, but could be related to creator update.

crimson relive driver freezes during installtion of display driver in windows 10 creators update

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
daranda
Journeyman III

Hi, found a ...solution. I have a dp display and a Toshiba TV connected via hdmi. I used the hdmi TV as my main single display. When it was the main single display, the hdmi scaling suddenly worked. And, miraculously, after switching the displays, it retained the proper scaling. Hope this works for others, too. CYA

akivadaphydd
Journeyman III

I've got the same problem with Crimson ReLive 17.8.2 using an HDMI to connect to a Samsung TV. I'm using Win 10, an R9 380, and DirectX 12. I'm completely stumped...

0 Likes
ivanbernal16
Journeyman III

Man, I just created this account to help you, as I was looking for help about this exact issue, but didnt found some...

I downloaded The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 installation package for my OS, from this link, Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 Release Notes

I just changed the local driver to the one suggested, only the local, the one that says something like 17.30...something, after the pc restarted, I was able to scale the hdmi, I hope this could work for you and others looking for help

I know, is not recomended to downdate (idk if thats a word) the drivers, but until AMD does not fix that, this version is the best.

PD: mine is an XFX RX480

taylorton147
Adept I

dude thanks so much, my hdmi scaling was broken for several months and had to settle for 1600 x 900 resolution with huge black letterboxes. thanks again!

0 Likes
scionoics
Journeyman III

I have a toshiba tv as a second monitor.  I've also been dealing with this since I reformatted to the creators update.  Today i wiped my system again, and the same problem.  Upon looking for a solution, I found your post and it works!!  I pressed WKey+P to swap to second screen only.  The scaling worked without any problems.  When I went back to extended configuration, it was still set. 

This is an annoying bug with the drivers.  I thank you for your work around. 

0 Likes
morgwise
Journeyman III

You are a legend. Thank you!

0 Likes
scionoics
Journeyman III

Don't thank me. Thank the one I replied to. Don't forget to like their

post so it's more visible as well.

0 Likes
abish
Journeyman III

This just happened to me, after using HDMI scaling for months. Without it I can't see the edges of my desktop on my TV screen. None of the suggestions here worked. Also, radeon settings keeps freezing and going non-responsive, and my display will freeze or go blank, though the computer is still running (I can see the desktop using teamviewer)