cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pschorr1123
Adept I

hdmi scaling resetting on hdtv used as 2nd monitor with newest adreneline drivers

Hello, I have tried to update to the 18.1 and 18.2 adrenaline drivers after using DDU and doing a clean install. The issue is that after I set up the hdmi scaling slider bar within radeon settings, the HDMI scaling likes to reset itself on the tv any time I play any steam game. I had this problem with 17.12.1 but 17.12.2 fixed it. Prior to that I used the crimson drivers and never had an issue. The hdmi scaling is something that you only set once after installing a new gpu and never have to touch again. I haven't had much luck finding anyone else with this problem via google.

R7 1700 on Asrock X370 Tiachi, 16 GB 3600C16 SR Samsung B-die (3466 @14,14,14,14,30,44) Asus R9 390 Strix @factory oc,

Toshiba RD 400 NVME boot drive,500 GB Samsung 850 evo , 2x 3TB Toshiba DT01AC300, 1 5TB HDWE150, Corsair CX750M

Hooked up to 1 27" Acer XF270HU 144 hz IPS Freesync Panel via displayport and Phillips 40 ' 1080p tv via HDMI The TV lacks an option to disable the over scan.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
chainz
Journeyman III

Did you find a fix? I have been using all the 18 series drivers with the same problem

0 Likes

Actually 18.4.1 doesn't have the issue. I have not tested any of the newer ones as I'm afraid it will be borked again. I still have an issue where the GPU clock gets pegged if I pause a video either in browser or media player classic. Also some times when I exit a game the GPU will stay in the High power state with the GPU clock pegged out. The tachometer on my Vega 64 Liquid gives it away otherwise I probably wouldn't notice. For a work around I fire up the adreneline software go into global settings, global wattman then choose power saver profile, click apply then the GPU clock drops back down to around 48hz or so. Then I choose balanced and click apply once again then exit the program.

0 Likes
pschorr1123
Adept I

Update: Adrenaline 18.4.1 doesn't have the issue on my machine, not sure if the newer ones do or not.

0 Likes