cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lalaland
Adept I

HDMI Scaling control not displaying

Hi I have an R9 Nano and recently turned my PC back on after a few months of a break. Once windows had gotten through it's various updates and I updated my drivers I was dismayed to discover the HDMI overscan issue had come back up. I can't fix it though as it's at the driver level, if I set the display to 1080p I get no overscan. My display chain is Club3D DP->hdmi2.0 to my LG C7 4k HDTV. This setup used to show me the scaling controls on whatever driver revision I was using a year ago but not anymore for some reason.

Win10 1803

Driver 18.12.2 -> Clean Install

What can I do in the registry to force the HDMI scaling controls back on screen?

What registry settings can I add instead to disable this scaling?

Why the hell does it do this anyway this setting was for CRTs for gods sake?

0 Likes
3 Replies
lalaland
Adept I

OK so a few weeks later and two driver releases later it still is hiding the HDMI scaling optioin, how do I get access to this and stop this driver screwing up my image?

0 Likes
lalaland
Adept I

A week on and I can add that my display also no longer recognises that my screen in HDR compatible with dxdiag reporting that it is not. The link in the display properties of monitor is reporting as 5.4 Gbps x 4 so it sees it has the bandwidth but whatever driver error is causing it to warp my image is also blocking it from correctly reporting HDR 10 support

0 Likes
nolife
Adept I

In case it will help you too, I've found the solution to my issue (also on a LG 4K) : I simply use another HDMI port !

Yes, it seems there's a mulfunction on the hdmi port I was using... but hopefully only on this one so I can use one of the others without any overscaling issue : My screen automaticaly fits now !

0 Likes