cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

grape8pe
Adept II

HDCP disable

Any tips on how to get HDCP working on my system?  When I look at my settings in AMD Radeon Pro under my monitor it shows "Current HDCP Status: Disabled".  I've tried different driver sets including 18.Q3, 18.Q3.1, and even the Adrenalin Edition Beta for Windows October 2018 Update drivers.  I'm using the DP port to connect directly to the monitor.  I know my DP cable and monitor support HDCP because when I boot my PC using the Intel HD graphics, everything works fine.  Any suggestions?  Below are my PC specs.

Dell OptiPlex 7040

i7-6700

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100

Windows 10 1809 (17763.1)

1 Solution
fsadough

Looks like a regression on AMD driver side. This issue is being investigated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
61 Replies

Not sure if the latest AMD Professional Driver is completely compatible with Windows version 1809 (RS5).

This is the Release Notes for the latest AMD Driver for the WX3100: Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3.1 Release Notes | AMD

EDIT: The above image could be a old image prior to the October 2018 update and hasn't yet been updated.

60hz.JPGI have the same situation. HDCP Status disabled.....what does this mean in terms of video playback.

I have a 4K HDCP2.2 monitor using HDMI cable.

I can stream 4K content (NETFLIX) using EDGE and as I presume that is HDCP protected this function is being ignored.

As a test I loaded 17.7.1 driver and that showed HDCP status enabled.

However anything 18.3.1 onwards is HDCP status disabled.

Can anyone explain this please.

on 18.8.1 at the moment (copy all on specs show)

Horizontal Timing Total - 4400

Horizontal Timing Display - 3840

Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 176

Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 88

Vertical Timing Total - 2250

Vertical Timing Display - 2160

Vertical Timing Front Porch - 8

Vertical Timing Sync Width - 10

Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive

Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive

Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive

G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 594000

G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Current HDCP Status - Disabled

Current Link Settings - Not Available

By the way does the AMD driver support HDMI Ultra Deep Colour?

What is the preferred choice  for colour depth RGB or YCbCr

LG Deep colour.JPG

0 Likes

GPU is RX480 not WX3100

0 Likes

Oops, Sorry I thought you were the Original User poster about his Professional GPU Card.

My mistake.

0 Likes

No worries, we'll get there in the end.

Cheers

0 Likes

I've tried the Beta drivers for the October 2018 update (Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition Beta for Windows October 2018 Update Release Notes | AMD) and the problem is still there.  When trying to watch a movie on the Vudu app, I get the error "The display does not support HDCP".  Hopefully this will get address in the next release.

Vudu.png

Beta HDCP.png

0 Likes
fxv300
Challenger

If you are using Display Port, you will need a v1.4 DP Monitor, display port v1.2 does not support HDCP 2.2

Not many Display Port v1.4 spec monitors as yet and they cost a fortune.

0 Likes

Is that recent change?  When I roll the driver back to 18.Q3, the issue with Vudu goes away,  AMD Settings still shows HDCP disabled with 18.Q3.  When I try the more recent drivers (18.Q3.1) Vudu throws the error.  I've also tried connecting my monitor via HDMI and I still get the Vudu error on the more recent drivers.

0 Likes

Does Vudu have any software or APP that you use in Windows to view VUDU Content?

The reason I am asking I just found out from another thread the Netflix Windows APP as a bug that prevents it from viewing 4k on a monitor and the Netflix was working on a fix.

I was wondering if maybe Vudu may have something similar and may not be completely compatible with the latest Windows Version 1809.

From VUDU Forum concerning the HDCP error: Playback error due to HDCP? - Vudu Forums

From one of the User comments:VuduJ

VuduJ

• Jul 2018

08-04-2018, 03:35 PM

SOLVED! Vudu support just got back to me and suggested that the software for the monitor was not HDCP compliant. While that is a bit vague my mind immediately jumped to drivers. Lo and behold both monitors had generic UPnP drivers signed by Teamviewer! I selected the Update Driver option in Device Manager and navigated to the appropriate drivers I downloaded from BenQ's website for both monitors and without even needing a restart I was able to watch my movies in HD! Thanks Nick G from Vudu support!

Figured I would post here publicly in case anyone else were to be searching for a solution to a similar problem someday.

Good find.  Unfortunately my monitor (Acer K272HUL) does not have Windows 10 drivers on the manufacturer website.  Also, my setup works fine (no errors in Vudu) when I boot my PC with my monitor connected to the integrated graphics (Intel HD 530).

0 Likes

I have the same exact model of a Monitor. The Acer Monitor driver is unsigned so I have to start Windows 10 to accept unsigned drivers to install it.

Do you believe it could be a BIOS configuration issue?  Is BIOS configured to run the WX GPU Card as it main Display or is it configured for the Intergrated Graphics to boot up as its main display?

FYI: My Monitor (Acer K272HUL) is working great for the first 2 and half years. Now on the upper right corner there is a white line of pixels (2 or 3 inches long) that are bad. Even though Acer has a three year Warranty which in my case expires in Nov. 2018. I need to pack it and ship it to their RMA facilities in Texas which will cost me about 30-40% of the original cost of the Monitor.  When the defective Pixels gets to the point that makes viewing annoying, I will just purchase a new Monitor.

0 Likes

Hi elstaci,

No luck improving things after updating the Acer drivers.  Same problem. 

K272HUL.png

0 Likes

Ty so much.

0 Likes
fxv300
Challenger

not sure if HDCP disabled is a valid message...I can view Netflix 4K content using EDGE browser and I have HDCP disabled on my RX480 Radeon drivers. I am led to believe that Netflix 4K content is HDCP2.2 protected. So something is not showing correct status.

0 Likes

I tried Netflix 4K in Edge and I'm only getting 1080p (Stranger Things Season 2).  Looks like my problem might be slightly different than yours.

Netflix.png

0 Likes

do you have any software that loads CiscoVideoGuard...this stops EDGE from 4K streaming. CiscoVG can be stopped from loading via task manager just to test. This software is used by many streaming products, in my case Sky Sports Player...I think NOWTv uses it too.

0 Likes

Not seeing anything like that installed. 

0 Likes
fsadough

Looks like a regression on AMD driver side. This issue is being investigated.

0 Likes

Thank you for looking into things.

0 Likes

Any updates on this? I'm suing the latest drivers (adrenalin-edition-18.q4.1) and the problem is still there.

0 Likes

The fix will be available on 18.50 based driver

0 Likes

Thank you for the information.  Do you know when 18.50 will be applied to the professional driver set?

0 Likes

Probably in 2-3 weeks on 19.Q1.x enterprise driver

0 Likes

Did you test 19.Q1.2 driver?

0 Likes

Yes, I just updated this morning and the problem is the same.  Vudu complains the display not support HDCP.

0 Likes

Vudu?

0 Likes

Yes, Vudu and Amazon both give me HDCP errors with 19.Q1.2 drivers.

0 Likes

• Does AMD Radeon Pro under your monitor still show "Current HDCP Status: Disabled"?
  • What is the make and model of your monitor?
  • What is your DP cable version, 1.2 oder 1.4?
  • Can you send a screenshot of the error message on Vudu and Amazon?
0 Likes

• There's no longer an option to display Current HDCP status  
  • Acer K272HUL
  • DP 1.2
  • Amazon 
  • Vudu 
0 Likes

I just tested couple of trailers on Amazon with no issues. I do not see any error message. Yes, the option "Current HDCP Status" is removed.

0 Likes

Amazon videos will play fine, just not HD.  When you select HD, that's when I receive the error.  

0 Likes

HDCP is fully supported with the 19.Q1.2. Use Ultra HD Blu-Ray adviser by Cyberlink

Capture_HDCP.PNG driver. See below:

Sorry it has taken me several weeks to reply.  I did some more testing yesterday and found that if I remove my WX 3100 and run my displays using the integrated Intel HD 530, Vudu, Amazon, Netflix all play HD content fine without the HDCP errors.  So this is defenitly an issue with the WX 3100 and not my monitors/setup. 

0 Likes

I cannot see where to disable, there's no "overrides" button, I'm trying to disable for use an Avermedia LGP2.

The radeon software center version is the 20.4.2

Also, for some reason, I cannot uninstall the AMD software center, it just start but suddenly just close with no changes.

0 Likes

If you are referring to a 2-year old thread you have to be more clear. What are you trying to disable?

0 Likes

Oh, sorry, I'm trying to disable HDCP but I don't find how, there's no "overrides" button.

0 Likes

I don't recall having this feature in our drivers at all

0 Likes

There was before, in the Display section. But if there's no more or there's no way to disable the "HDCP support" (I fortgot the "support") there's no problem.

0 Likes
fsadough

Name a clip on Amazon Prime you cannot play

0 Likes