Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

1970neabsco
Journeyman III

HD5670

Good Morning Forum:

I have a Windows 10 Home 64bit rig and I have a Desktop Video Card AMD Radeon HD5670 PCIx16 that I have attached to it. DDR3 2 Gbs.

Now, I have that card and it is in great shape. But, it is old. Now, mind me, I only use this card because of it's longevity. I think I've had it since 2010.

So, when that card starts to "go". and it will, what is next?  I don't use the computer for gaming nor do I use it for hanging onto photos/media. Maybe a

game a month, very short. So, I'll use it as a back-up to this Windows 7 Pro.

Thanx,

Jimmy Nelson

0 Likes
4 Replies

For someone like you, you should look at upgrading to a Socket AM4 APU system, as the price of graphics cards, especially low end cards, are still stratospheric. The R3 2200G APU is $99, while the RX 550, AMD's lowest card, is $110 or more. Yes it means a new motherboard and RAM as well, but I wouldn't trust an 8 year old system to work correctly with modern hardware, and with 2GB of RAM, you're hampering your system performance.

0 Likes

black_zion:

I'll get this one (System 1) in a few months, forgetting about the Windows 7 Pro OEM.....yes, that has done me good for 7-8 years, but time to move on!

Maybe I'll move to a more modern approach, DDR4, Windows 10, but I bought it NEW from ******** last year and the warranty is still good. Hey, Windows 7 is much  better than Windows 10, in my humble opinion. I have room for expansion to have 24 gbs RAM, but I really don't need it.

System 1

ASUS M5A97 LE V2.0 Motherboard

FX 8350 CPU

16 Gbs RAM (DDR3) 4x4gb

AMD Radeon HD5670 (2Gbs)

Windows 10 Home 64bit

System 2

ASROCK H55M-HVS Motherboard

AMD A8-3650 APU

16 Gbs RAM (DDR3) 2x8gb

EVGA GeForce GT 730 (2Gbs)

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

0 Likes

Windows 7 also has less than 2 years before support is terminated by Microsoft. It may be better than 10, which it is, but they're going to force people to use 10.

0 Likes

black_zion:

I feel you and I belonging to the same OS "club" !

Jimmy Nelson

0 Likes