Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

archduke_jd
Journeyman III

HD 8570M bricked

Hi Guys,

So I would really appreciate any help on this matter. I have a HP 15-G002AX laptop with the following configuration:

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics and dedicated GPU AMD Radeon HD 8570M which I think is bricked..showing as HD8500M in device manager / GPUZ.

Its been this way for over a year and I've tried everything, reinstalling BIOS firmware from HP, uninstalling and reinstalling all possible graphics drivers both from HP and AMD but windows just wont recognise the card apart from showing at on device manager.. dxdiag cant find it, display properties cant find it, I cant switch to it as primary anymore and GPUZ shows that the VGA Bios is missing or unreadable. 

HP BIOS UEFI wont give access to advanced settings and it all started during the time windows 10 came out (at the time the OS was hopelessly broken lol) and auto upgraded my win 8.1 to it while HP Driver Assistant auto updated a bunch of drivers, including BIOS firmware and crashed my system altogether. Ayways, after factory reset the laptop is alive again but my AMD HD8570M doesnt work anymore. It just shows on device manager and thats about it.

I rolled back to windows 8.1 in hopes of fixing it but HP wont let me rollback the BIOS firmware so I am hoping to find the GPU VBIOS  to try and directly fix it perhaps.

Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated  thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies