I bought myself a RX 6800 16 GB Sapphire Pulse to finally upgrade and retire my old gpu. And I had a problem.
First of all, before I install the new gpu, I entered safe mode, used DDU to uninstall my previous gpu (1060 6gb). Turn off the computer, swap the gpu. Turn on the PC, install the current AMD Adrenalin with its driver... and I encounter a problem.
I was on youtube when the audio keep crackling and the video, sometimes, entered a loop of the same 2 seconds of the video. The video itself showed as it was progressing normally, but visually it was on this loop of the same image 1-2sec. The audio also showed the video was keep going on (even though it was crackling a lot).
So, I did what most would: safe mode, delete driver, reinstall, check the gpu itself on the board, check the cables, etc. And kept receiving the same problem (specially the audio crackling). In the end, I had to check online for similar problems and I found one that "helped". I needed to change, on BIOS, the Configuration of the PCI-E from Auto > Gen 3. Even though my board is a X570 (which has gen 4).
So, my question is, there is a real solution for this problem, or should I stay using this semi change (PCI Gen 3) on my BIOS to keep this from happening?
Asus X570-Plus BR with Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU RX 6800 Sapphire Pulse (Im not using those custom cables, Im connecting the gpu direct to the motherboard).
M.2 NVME 1tb
32 gb ram 3200 mhz
I set my 6700 XT to gen 4.. No problems..
Have you used HDMI or DP?
Try a different cable, my RX 580 had a sound problem so I replaced the DP cable and all was good..
I'm using HDMI and tried three different cables so far, all worked just fine before. All of them keep working fine with my switch dock. Cannot test the DP, since my monitor doesnt have one.
I'd say try 22.5.1 and see if you still have the problem. I've seen a few folks having trouble with the 22.7.1 driver update
That's the one I install at first. I had the problem, tried to upgrade to 22.7.1 kept receiving the problem. Did the DDU, install directly 22.7.1, didnt worked. The place where I saw the work around of the PCI Auto > Gen 3, someone lse also said that it worked installing the version 21.11.3, but at that point I was already too tired and just simply changed the Auto > Gen 3. And it worked.
Ah ok. Glad you were able to get it fixed!
Yeah, but I didnt want to put on Gen 3 be the work around to 'solve' this.