Having Issues with the rx 5600 XT

System Specs

CPU: Pentium g5400

GPU: MSI Rx 5600 XT

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8

Motherboard: Gigabyte H310m S2P

PSU: 550 Watts

Monitor: one of them is 165HZ with freesync off and one has 60HZ

The current version of the Radeon Software (20.11.2)

History
I got this pc on offer up and it was running pretty good. It had the same CPU, one stick of 8GB ram, and a gt 1030. then after that, I got another stick 8GB stick of ram and I upgraded my GPU into a Saphhire RX 570 8GB, and that is where all the problems begin. I installed it and the system wasn't able to use it for some reason. I was able to install the drivers but after that, it would have this error that it can't be used or something so it took me a while but I then used this patch (Atikmdag Patcher) that fixed it and it was running well. but after that, I began to have audio issues. what would happen is that I would watch a youtube video and for some reason the audio would crack and stutter which that also degraded the performance on my pc. I would switch back to my integrated graphics and the audio would be fine and the system would be stable but whenever I would use the RX 570, the audio crackling and the performance degrade would come right back. I then flashed the bios of the GPU and it would work for a bit until I restarted my pc. It just came right back. so I ended up upgrading my GPU into an MSI RX 5600xt and that's where I am today.

Current Issue
So I have been having major problems with this card since it has been installed.

• I would watch a youtube video and what would happen is that the video would freeze up and sometimes make my whole screen go black and then fix itself but it happens a lot.
  • I would play a game for example apex legends and it would " 0x887A006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed".
  • Sometimes when I try to open up the Radeon software, it would freeze up the computer, go black, and then not open at all so I would have to end the task in task manager and then open it up again to see the application
  • Sometimes while playing, my cursor would get distorted on the other half of my screen
  • Whenever the games crash or the whole screen goes black, the Radeon software would always say "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

Conclusion
I'm not exactly sure if it's the GPU causing all of these problems and what the source could be. I'm gonna get a new CPU soon hoping that might somehow fix the problem but I'm currently at a loss. I also check if the ram could be that issue but it passed the check. It could be that the motherboard is faulty but I'm not sure about that. I would highly appreciate it if someone tried to help me fix this problem cause I just want to be able to casually use my pc without everything crashing.

Examples:
This is my cursor corruptionThis is my cursor corruption

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sothe
Journeyman III

I have exact same issue, It's definitely the GPU, not your motherboard, CPU or anything of the sort.

let me guess - you simply took out the nvidia gpu and put in the AMD gpu...

to fix your erros:

do a fresh install of Win10 20H2 (re-install; not update)
install chipset drivers first
than install 20.12.1
test again

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

sorry for the super late reply, I installed the graphics card the way you were supposed to by removing all of the nvidia things off of my pc first before adding the AMD graphics card. I also still tried what you told me to do but my system continues to do the same thing anyways.

0 Likes
rybaaa132
Journeyman III

did u fix it ? because i have the same problem 

0 Likes