cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

foxwater
Adept I

Has AMD acknowledged 5700 series driver issues at all?

At this point a consistent set of issues seem fairly widespread...but I haven't seen AMD officially acknowledge anything. It would go a long way if they just admitted the current drivers have some serious issues and that they're working on solutions. I'm fine with reinstalling my reliable 1070 and waiting a couple of weeks for more stable drivers, but they need to at least say SOMETHING.

Personally, I'm just getting the occasional black screen on 19.7.2 (5700 XT AE)...but that's with pretty much every radeon settings option disabled. I also bumped my fan curve up quite a bit because the default curve is downright idiotic...pretty sure my card would quietly melt away (and throttle) if I left it stock.

3 Replies
noko
Adept III

I have stability, not a single crash here but driver features not working is my issue, Relive and Performance monitoring. I am also using PCIe 4 without issue but will need to do more gaming to see if it is. 

0 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure if I do a clean install and don't touch anything it wouldn't crash at all...but the temps get concerning at stock so I just bump the fans up a bit and do a very small undervolt (~50mV) and crashes are pretty few and far between. The fact that Radeon Settings recommends enabling features that cause issues is a pretty big problem though...as is not being able to run FreeSync (the reason I went with AMD in the first place).  

0 Likes
kkohena
Adept I

I have not heard anything. Ive only seen one guy say that his email response said AMD has not heard of this issue from anyone else and that his issue is being forwarded. I recently emailed AMD support about my issues and will probably get my one reply at 5am again. These 1 day wait correspondence remind me of the pre-internet era.

0 Likes