cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

industria
Adept I

Hardware noise with 6700XT

Hello community! I'm quite new and my road from Nvidia to AMD was quite long, it was not an easy choice but i was lucky to get a 6700XT to find out if AMD delivers actually a same good experience as my 3 years old 1080ti. I was not disappointed, considering its price and performance its a good deal. However except for performance it was always crucial for me to have software to record buffered videos. I felt immediately in love with Radeon software once i saw its options. What a beautiful implementation of audio/picture/gifs and video capture! Its worth everything, that's was i thought, until first issue. When i enable 'instant replay' option with 'desktop recording' my card is making unbearable sound which is increasing when I'm surfing and scrolling browser. 

https://youtu.be/SIDI3tEcwog

I cant be certain sure if its GPU hardware or something else, but the sound coming from gpu side as soon i enable these options. Can someone give any advice on why this happens and if its possible to fix this? Im looking currently for a more performant solution like 6900xt, but i fear if i dont get rid of this issue its not gonna happen anymore

0 Likes
1 Solution

I would say its a Adrenalin software bug, use the bug report tool. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Check your vram clock usage on gpu-z sensors, see if running at max with instant replay and desktop record toggled on. 

And if the clock drops when you toggle either one off.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Yes, it turns out that gpu memory is constantly jumping while desktop recording is enabled.

With desktop disabled it drops frequencies to 0 and there is no noise.

With desktop recording enabled it jumps between 100 and 2000 when i start moving mouse.

Any idea how to resolve this leaving this feature on? I guess ill rather leave this option off and see if it bothers me a lot playing games in full screen, not really sure if its a good idea to leave let this work 24/7

0 Likes

I would say its a Adrenalin software bug, use the bug report tool. 

I have already reported it. Thank you for your replies!

0 Likes