cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Stiven_03
Adept I

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

Hello, I have a Ryzen 7 5800h and an rx6600m. I'm currently using windows 11 and the latest recommended version AMD adrenalin software. In settings-> system-> screen->graphics there is no option to turn on hardware accelerated GPU scheduling, but since I read that Rx 5000 series GPU could enable it, why I can't see the option even If I have an Rx 6000 series GPU? Isn't it compatible with my model?

1 Solution
schldskjoirz
Adept III

If you don't see the feature, then your computer doesn't support the hardware-accelerated scheduling. I don't have it either. AMD is in the block list in Windows registry "Vendor=1002#Device=*#Version=*#Model=*#" -> "DISABLE_HWSCH". 1002 = AMD. If I understood it correctly, AMD doesn't design their drivers to support the Windows HWAS.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
schldskjoirz
Adept III

If you don't see the feature, then your computer doesn't support the hardware-accelerated scheduling. I don't have it either. AMD is in the block list in Windows registry "Vendor=1002#Device=*#Version=*#Model=*#" -> "DISABLE_HWSCH". 1002 = AMD. If I understood it correctly, AMD doesn't design their drivers to support the Windows HWAS.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)

In Windows 11 go to settings / display scroll down to graphics

Screenshot_2.png

Select change option. If it is not there then it is not supported.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

I don't have the first option, only the mid one and the last one. I think that my laptop doesn't support hardware accelerated gpu scheduling unfortunately