cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

technostone
Journeyman III

Re: Half-Life: Alyx Blackscreen Problems (Radeon VII)

Yesterday tried latest for now Q1 Pro drivers, still crashed. Full driver version in device manager shows that it has version between 19.12.1 and 19.12.2, with all their problems.
I'm going to try other workarounds in this topic

0 Kudos
mist17
Adept II

The latest update for Warzone has brought the crash back to Warzone.

0 Kudos
renner
Adept II

Installed just freshly released 20.4.2, still getting nothing through my HP WMR headset, while WMR portal tracks properly *sad violin*...

Seriously, if anyone had issues like these with their Vega if there's any solution I would kill for it.

0 Kudos
ushuo
Journeyman III

Actually had the same bug with my Acer WMR, the hdmi cable was defective after a couple of days playing with it. 

Have you used an extention cable ? That was my issue, 4k adapter extention broke the cable. Did rma & got a new headset tho. 

Getting the Index valve tomorow or saturday, will tell you if i'm crashing with Alyx. 

Ps : i've installed the new pro drivers 20.3.1 and i've yet to crash so far.

0 Kudos
ptcfast2
Journeyman III

Try 19.5.2. It works the best and always has for the VII. Alyx also seems to manage run in it without crashing from my testing at this point.

It's inexcusable that a driver almost a year old works better, but it's better than nothing.

0 Kudos
heavenwood
Journeyman III

ith the latest drivers of version 20.4.2, I managed to play ALYX on Radeon 7 without fail during the day ... I hope that it will be so now

dosisking
Adept I

Same! I'll keep playing and report back if it crashes, but played for a couple hours and it was all good. Also enabled hardware acceleration on all my browsers and so far so good, but was doing more playing than browsing so we'll see if that holds up as well!

legitartist
Adept I

Same here for me! 3 chapters without as much as a stutter. 20.4.2 seems to to the job.

0 Kudos
mist17
Adept II

Awesome news, I'll give this a go tomorrow.

0 Kudos
mpcav
Journeyman III

I have managed to fix this problem and a lot of other problems with my 5700 XT.

Basically I replaced my previous card which was an r9 390 and just updated my AMD drivers.  This appeared to work but I was getting a lot of crashes.  I tried to move to earlier versions of the AMD drivers and it seemed to help but not fix.  I uninstalled the drivers completely, cleaned my registry then let windows install the driver (it downloads the latest minimal driver set, no ATI Catalyst)

It's been working for days with no crashes.  Previously it would crash many times every day.

The driver version windows installed is 26.20.15029.20013

0 Kudos