cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

amdog
Adept I

Re: Half-Life: Alyx Blackscreen Problems (Radeon VII)

Could you try this?
amd123123.png
Increase minimum clocks to a 100% and minimum volt to 100% too. make a profile for the game you have trouble and tell me. this fixed m y league of legends problems. i have been weeks without crashing, from crashing every two or three games.

0 Kudos
amdog
Adept I

disable hardware acceleration on all browsers. its always recommended.

0 Kudos
amdog
Adept I

Please to everyone, dont assume the problem is fixed until atleast it passes one month without the same issue. I've been a week sometiems without problem, then it comes back for no apparent reason, without changing or updating anything.

0 Kudos
rajadog20
Adept I

I'll try this out when I get home today .

I swapped my Radeon VIi with my old r9 fury and was able to play for hours without a crash, didn't touch the drivers or anything. Definitely related to the newer cards and not just the driver updates

0 Kudos
rajadog20
Adept I

Tried it out, no luck. Crashed within 5 minutes.

Also tried the Enterprise drivers, no luck.

Going to RMA

Does anyone have a gigabyte brand card? Been reading similar reports of Nvidia cards from gigabyte.  

0 Kudos
legitartist
Adept I

The VII wasn't modified by the board partners, theyr're all reference models. The only difference between two differently branded VIIs is the support policies of the vendor.

I've been thinking of RMAing too, but getting an adequate replacement shipped quickly is a bit too uncertain for me right now. Amazon says it'll take almost two weeks for a RTX 2080 Super to arrive rn. I wouldn't expect a new driver before the beginning of next month either, so it's a bit of a stupid situation.

0 Kudos
rajadog20
Adept I

I was thinking difference in assembly process, soldering and component selection could result in reliability differences. Trying to get an idea if this is an issue with everyone's card and many are just not noticing due to it only appearing in certain games or if my card is really bad and an RMA would fix.

0 Kudos
dlittlefair1
Adept I

Tried this and it crashed after 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
nriver
Adept I

So another 2 weeks have passed since my last update here.

Everything IS WORKING FLAWLESSLY!

I really dont know what is the difference between the 2 cables (HDMI 1.4 & HDMI 2.0 for the GPU) but even after updating to latest 1st of April driver i had no issues whatsoever.

Replacing the cable really did the trick and i could not recommend it more for a cheap fix that is definitely worth the try.

Also OC parameters now stick! even after a PC restart. Same with Enhanced Sync. No Black Screens, No Crashes NOTHING!

Looking at Event Viewer last crash was on 30th of March.

Also another thing that is worth noting:

DO NOT USE! any automatic "Choose when to turn off the display" settings. Or any other option that is shutting off stuff after X minutes of PC being idle. Seems like some processes (Especially in VR) do not get recognized as a process which is using the screen. This CAN cause the game to hang/steam VR crash till you move the mouse again. Which in the headset can seem like a "Black Screen" issue.

0 Kudos
dlittlefair1
Adept I

are you saying replacing the cable to the monitor stopped you having crashes in VR? It uses its own cable

0 Kudos