cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rajadog20
Adept I

Re: Half-Life: Alyx Blackscreen Problems (Radeon VII)

Are you sure you have "global settings" selected instead of a specific application?

0 Likes
mist17
Adept II

I put my VII back in and OCCT is causing the same memtest crash, while the Vega 64 could not launch COD without the dev error crash and causing my system to freeze up afterwards. The VII can launch and play COD so far for 1hr 1/2 to 2hrs with no crashes so far. And I also done a couple stress tests with 3DMark with no problem.

mikelp
Adept I

Btw for 20.5.1 version they also mentioned in the release notes they fixed crash for Red Dead Redemption 2 when internal intel graphic card is enabled in BIOS. It's a total lie. Crashing continues, I can't play RDR2 without disabling igpu in the bios.
About COD: MW + Warzone
Also I tried to use default settings, increased fan speed, decreased memory frequency etc.. - nothing. Blackscreen in 40m - 1h. @AMD It's not possible to use your graphic cards in games.

@AMD I'm ready to send you any dumps, logs, just fix this. 

nriver
Adept I

Update since my last comment. Ever since i purchased a new HDMI Cable to connect to my main screen i have not been experiencing any crashes or black screens (last logged crash on event viewer is from end of march). Everything has been working without a hitch throughout the last couple of driver updates. currently on 20.5.1.

0 Likes
mist17
Adept II

Displayport here, The new driver 20.5.1 now has it's own weird bug. While I'm no longer black-screening and or full on crashing, Warzone now will freeze and then windows will say Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware around 20 times and I will have to end task. I've never seen this issue before. I've DDU'ed the driver and will reinstall and do some more testing.

mikelp
Adept I

Have the same issue in the warzone

0 Likes
nriver
Adept I

Same. Been using 20.5.1 for about a week and started to notice "4101" Warnings in event viewer "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." These are generated along with a SteamVR crash (which requires me to basically restart the PC). can not pinpoint exactly the cause but for now i reverted back to 20.4.1

and i will keep watching the issue. 20.5.1 is a no go for me. Been using 20.4.1 since June 3rd and errors stopped for now.

0 Likes
nriver
Adept I

So now i REALLY did solve all my R VII problems by just trading it for an EVGA 1080 TI (+ some cash from the guy). I'm just amazed by how well it works, taking into account that its about 2 years older.

Apart from some raw benchmarks where im getting 5-15% (Even on OC) lower than what i scored with the R VII, the whole gaming experience (and frame times) is just far better. Should have done so 6 months ago and save lots of time and headache.

If you are playing VR and ESPECIALLY if you are looking for the best experience for Quest+VD. Go with team green! It took me quite a while to admit that i sunk my money on an under performing card but better late than never.

And on a side note: EVGA Precision X1!!!! HOLY MOLY why tools like these are not a standard in the GPU industry. one click on a button and all OC configuration are auto tested and applied.

mikelp
Adept I

Congrats! You're lucky dude. I'm stuck on AMD Radeon, because for my work I need in dual boot system Windows/Mac, and only AMD working well on hackintosh. Before Mojave I was on Nvidia + High Sierra. I'm thinking to buy nvdia for windows and keep radeon for hackintoh, but this solution is not cheap. So this 2020 year too much crappy, and buy one more performance videocard is not easy for me.

0 Likes
renner
Adept II

Here's another update. I just borrowed my old RX480, which I sold to a friend, and I'm getting picture through my HP WMR headset. So, yeah, it seems to be an issue with Vega. Off to see how Alyx works at last...

0 Likes