cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maddoggyca
Newcomer

Guess whos Radeon VII packed it in out of no-where.. This guy

out of no-where around 1am (PST) my Vii jsut packed it in.. just died well at the desktop... 

No-OC,ing, No PSU issue, No, MB issue, (pc also behind a PSU) and poof, black screens... tested it on multi pcs and psu and on boot the VGA LED debug lights remains on and no main board will post it..

one less VII in the world.. how ever its less then 5 months old bought direct from AMD.Shop.. waiting on RMA request..

0 Likes
4 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Whats your point? Other than complaining! It happens.

I have also seen problems crop up after only a few months of use

0 Likes
bracer713
Journeyman III

I bought 12 of these on ebay for mining in May. Different "brands" but most from AMD.com.  To this day only 8 are still alive. I lost three early on and was able to return them to the sellers on ebay. I am a pc veteran and have never lost a piece of hardware due to mishandling. This got me wondering though! I had three fail right away... Until a few days ago (about 6 months into ownership) another one just failed... Now its way too late to try to return on ebay and I am out a stupid amount of money. I tried getting AMD to fix one that I know came from their website but they will not help me because I didnt purchase it directly from them... I believe that this card is so poorly built/designed (not sure which) that they had to stop manufacturing it. My only hope now is a class action law suit... Also several of the others (still running) have a dead fan and I cannot find a replacement anywhere. Yes I am complaining... because what else can I do?

0 Likes

I personally don't  think its VII in general. I also lost 3 56 and 2 Vega 64

all of them had HBM2 memory issues... 

I find that memory to be really unstable and super sensitive to "heat" conditions even under idle loads..

never once has I have OC a GPU or a CPU and thses are just dieing out of normal use.. it kind blows my mind..,

0 Likes