cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

12 Replies
Manudel96
Adept I

So the FPS drops while looking at the City at night are caused by some combination of AMD motherboard and AMD Graphics card. 

For me the reference model of AMD 6900xt with a 5800x3d on a MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI and 32GB 3800 RAM have those stutters.

The PC of my girlfriend a 5900x on a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with 16 GB 3200 RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB does not have this issue.

I have yet to try my 6900xt on her motherboard, like you did with your card on your old board, but im certain this will not drop frames at night.

The question now is, is there any x570 or b550 board which doesnt have this issue in combination with a AMD graphics card? And why was this issue here with older motherboards and AMD GPUs while it was fixed for you on your old board? What B450 board do you use?

0 Likes
Manudel96
Adept I

So this mod does fix this issue for me on my PC but obviously only possible for offline play:

https://de.gta5-mods.com/scripts/performance-fix-for-amd-ryzen-1thgen-processors#description_tab

0 Likes

On the comments of this mod i found "Nooblearningame" has the same issue and he seems to have a x570 board while his family member with a B450 board does not have this issue:

I've been having the GTA5 night performance issue. My PC is almost the same as a family member who doesn't have the issue, only differences are RAM being a different brand, CPU being Ryzen 3600 and motherboard being MSI Gaming Plus Max (*B450?)

I've the non-Max version (*x570?) of the same mobo and was using a Ryzen 2700x, both of us had RX 580 8GB VRAM and 16GB RAM. I've since upgraded to a Ryzen 5600 with an RX 6600 XT, but the issue persists.

*added by me

which does seem to line up with our findings. 

But rules out some Zen3 Powermanagement shenanigans

Edit: Cant say for certain, because MSI did make a B450 Gaming Plus

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

You should try to to put the gfx card on the old pc aka B450, there will be no more stutters, just smooth fps day and night. 

I have the same mobo MSI Gaming Plus Max and the tomahawk, no problem thsre.

I only have issues with my most expensive rig gigabyte 5900x  32gb 3800 cl14 x570  aorus master and  sapphire nitro 6800xt

I think there is an issue win windows powerplan with x570

0 Likes

When i find some time changing that mobo back, still thinking about the easiest way to do this.

Would you mind trying that mod I linked here on your more expensive rig if it does fix it for you there? To confirm that we are 100% talking about the same issue.
The modder states that the lights from the city wont unload, and is therefor pretty heavy to run when you look in the direction of the city at night.

Why this doesnt happen on all board/Cpu/GPU combination i dont know.

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

TESTING GTA 5 AT NIGHT

5900x  x570  aorus master  32gb 3800 cl14  6800xt + samsung pcie gen 4 nvme

Yes the mod works fine in story mode but only in some areas.

Reducing water quality does help too

3900x Msi b450 tomahawk 32 gb cl16 6800xt sata ssd

The mod does not have any effect 

Reducing water quality does not help

0 Likes
Manudel96
Adept I

So, i tested my 6900xt in the other PC (5900x 16GB 3200 MSI B450) and no, it was the same performance as it was in my PC. So i did not work for me.

When i find some time again ill try the old 3600 in both systems and report back. 

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

In my case the 3900x solved my problem. 

5900x and b450 it was the same for me too

0 Likes

So it's the Ryzen + Radeon Combination that doesnt work right.

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

For me the problem happens only with my  5900x, my older ryzen cpus dont have the issue 3700x is fine 3900x is good too even the old 1700 works fine. As soon as I set the amd card on my 5900x boom shacka, low fps at nighttime

0 Likes

But the Problem is only Ryzen 5000 + AMD Graphics Card. On Nvidia there is no problem.

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

5900x + 3080 has some drops but not like the amd 6800xt

As you can see here the gpu goes to sleep looking at the city at night

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/gtao-6800xt-amd-gpu-dx-11-draw-call-issue-gt-low-fps-low-gpu/m...

0 Likes