cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yvrjml2020
Journeyman III

Gsync

I'll be honest, I was hoping to buy an RTX 3080 this week for a brand new pc I've had built, it has an intel i9-10900K on a Z490 MSI gaming edge board,  I bought Dell's Alienware 34inch curved monitor, 1440x3440 Ultrawide 1440P, because this monitor has V.2 Gsync, does that mean the 5700XT might have issues displaying to this monitor properly and I'll end up with lots of screen tearing ? 

If it is compatible I will buy a Radeon 5700XT and maybe in the future return to Nvidia, but I'm so upset on how they sold out in 1 minute and did not think to have protection against shop bots .... I'm ready to buy the 5700XT but not if it won't sync properly with my monitor with is 120HZ refresh 3440x1440

Will this card do an ok job with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with this system and 64GB memory.?? Or do I have to wait God knows how long for the Nvidia to actually become available ?  The Alienware model is 3420DW

0 Likes
3 Replies

This Tom's Hardware article is about a year old but does explain that future G-Sync Monitors will work with AMD GPU Cards: AMD Graphics Cards Will Work With Future G-Sync Monitors | Tom's Hardware  and Nvidia G-Sync monitors get Adaptive Sync enabled for AMD video card support 

So if your Dell G-Sync Monitor has VRR  it will work with your AMD GPU card. But it won't be able to use the full G-Sync features though.

It seems that NVIDIA definitely is loosing up on the topic, this round offering support for HDMI-VRR and adaptive sync over HDMI and/or display port.

0 Likes

Thanks for your response... I will be first to be called by a local computer parts store for an RTX 3080 I THINK I will wait it out but if it's months instead of a week or two, I may grab a Radeon in the meantime thanks again, I read that too, but really would need more info from Dell and to check I'd they have the V2 module...aparrrently that also may have some influence on compatibility...Jean Marc Leblanc yvrjml@gmail.com 

0 Likes

By your description of the Dell Monitor you purchased it does seem to be compatible with AMD GPUs by this question at Dell's website with a monitor with the same specs as the one your described: Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor - AW3420DW | Dell USA 

It is difficult to tell if you monitor has the new V2 chip or not.

I would just open a Dell Support ticket and ask them if your Dell Monitor supports VRR-HDMI or not or is compatible with AMD GPUs.

0 Likes