Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fordprefect
Journeyman III

Grey window on screen when installing software

Hi Folks,

Please can you help with the following:

I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site.(aftershotpro.com/ppmag)

The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I get is the screen shown in this screenshot.

I suspect some kind of graphics driver issue because of the grey boxes which suggest something can't be displayed correctly.

I've tried running as administrator, no difference and I've scanned my registry for conflicts.

My system is a Dell XPS 410 with 500Gb Samsung SSD and 8GB of RAM plus an ASUS R5 230 graphics card.

Processor is a Core2Duo 2.4GHz and I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. My display is a Dell E207 with native resolution of 1650x1080.

The strange thing is that it downloads and runs OK on my wife's laptop which is about the same spec as my PC.

So I don't think it's the installer, it's something different on my PC but I've no idea how to find it or where to start looking.

I have an ASUS R5 230-SL-1GD3-L graphics card and I'm using the latest drivers from the AMD website, version 15.201.

Any suggestions or info gratefully received.

Thx

Doug.

0 Likes
0 Replies