cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

micasmith11b
Journeyman III

Green screen crash then reboot

I will randomly have a crash which gives me a green screen on my main monitor followed by the PC rebooting. I have changed the Video Card PSU connectors which made it so it didn't happen at all last night while gaming and running my stream. Here is the specs:

ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G OC Video Card

Desktop with MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi AMD A4

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Driver version 20.4.2

Display 1 ASUS VP28U - Display Port 3840 x 2160

Displays 2 and 3 ACER XB271H A - Displlay Port 1920 x 1080

Motherboard MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi with BIOS: 7C37v191

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz processor

PSU Corsair RMx Series RM850X 850W Plus Gold

48GB Installed RAM

I will be playing FF:XIV when all of a sudden I will get the green screen which causes my system to reboot. I got the error before and as I said I changed the PSU cables to the GPU and it didn't do the green screen for about 16 hours. I started the game today and I have gotten the error twich already.

Running game on main display Borderless Windowed at 1920 x 1080

0 Likes
27 Replies
n_olanhas
Journeyman III

Re: Green screen crash then reboot

Sounds like the exact issue I'm having. Has anyone found a solution yet??

donutsy
Journeyman III

Same as me, green screen halfway through league of legends games. Thanks to AMD's faulty drivers, I now have multiple strikes on my account for "leaving". I've DDU'd, I've upgrade my psu to 850w (80 gold), I've got the latest bios. I'm so tired of this GPU, why release a card that doesnt have drivers that actually work. Theres so many of us with this situation. 

phoenix_o
Journeyman III

Got my new PC 3 days ago, its crashed 4x a day so far with just a green screen then reboot. Thought it was a faulty gpu until i found out this is a persistent issue with the card that wasn't included in any of the GPU reviews i watched for the 5700 XT

0 Likes
ryanjf77
Journeyman III

I am having this problem as well. The recent updates have helped, but I still get a green screen and crash about every other day. 
gpu: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT DirectX 12 RX 5700 XT MECH OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

cpu: Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4
mother board: X570 Steel Legend AMD AM4 ATX

I'm really hoping there is another update soon that eliminates this issue. I was very excited to be able to play games with a powerful gpu, but this is kind of dashing those hopes. Should have spent my money on an NVIDIA card. 

0 Likes
phoenix_o
Journeyman III

Sent my card back to the store for warranty, they checked it and found the same issue. It's a common fault with the 5700 xt. You will need to apply for warranty and get a new one.

0 Likes
rich210
Adept I

It's insane how stupid amd is.. I'm just trying to play football manager...hardly a graphics intensive game and I can't get passed the menu screen before a crash

0 Likes
gabriel08
Journeyman III

Same here, any solutions?

0 Likes
wretchedeggsama
Journeyman III

Apologies for the semi Necro of the message thread.

I am having the same issue right now with FFXIV.

I purchased the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT... It is only FFXIV that causes it to Green Screen freeze on me. Tried different HDMI / DP cables, tried different ports, reseating the GPU, theres no dust in the case, drivers are up to date, etc etc. It's frustrating that this is  the only GPU I have owned that has ever done this to me.

0 Likes
jzx81
Journeyman III

Same issue here with the 5700XT

0 Likes