Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

karsh
Adept I

Green screen and black screen/display loss

Hello,

I've had my RX5700XT since early december, and problems ever since. 

the first is the well known display loss where my screen just turn black for 5 seconds then both my screens display "no display" and I have to hard reset my computer with the button. Judging my many other users on this forum and AMD patch notes, this one seems to be driver related.

The other problem is that on some particular games, the sound crashes, both screen turn green and my PC restart.

It is pretty much unplayable as they are onlya limited amounts of games that I can play without crashes....

Here is my build:

CPU : AMD ryzen 5 3600X

GPU : Asus TUF RX5700XT

RAM : corsair vengeance 3200 2x8Go

PSU : Corsair CX550 W bronze +

Motherboard : Asus TUF B450 PLUS gaming

Thanks for any help you might give.

0 Likes
14 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

With a 750 watt or higher PSU (with 8+4 PIN CPU power output) and a x570 motherboard, almost all of your problems will end. For workaround, go to your mobo BIOS and return to factory settings. Then, go to WattMan, reset the settings, set the GPU power to -40%.

0 Likes

I have a 750W Gold PSU and still have this issue, its the GPU drivers not the PSU

0 Likes

If your problem is green screen, it is probably not the PSU. Using two display devices caused similar problems. 

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

I will think about getting a new PSU, in the meantime, I tried activating the auto-undervolting feature on radeon software and for now green screen seems to have disappeared. Concerning the black screen loss of display thing, I noticed the critical error with my HID compliant headset so might be my headset at fault here, will notice everyone on the main thread about this particular issue

0 Likes

However, for the new PSU, I suggest you decrease the GPU power to -40% and try it first. If the system works stably for WattMan GPU power setting, you will probably use the system without any problems with the new PSU. 3600x is OC CPU. I recommend that do not CPU OC without using x570.

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

interesting, so why wouldn't you use 3600X without x570 ? I'll have to admit changing my PSU and my motherboard might be to much of a cost for now 

0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/tr/support/contact-email-form 
If you want, you can ask this question to AMD with the link.
I suggested you the x570 motherboard because some users are having trouble with the b450. Others use it smoothly. x570 definitive solution, and that's just what I will say for sure.

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

OK thanks for your answer !

karsh
Adept I

Ok so nevermind, just got my green screen into reboot again, I just don't don't know where it comes from, I mean sure my PSU isn't optimal must it should be more than enought to play. In any case are you interested in my event viewer so you can maybe take a look ?

0 Likes

If I were you, I would follow that way...
Firstly, I would check that the CPU is stable. I would do the OCCT CPU test separately for AVX and without AVX for 15 minutes. If the CPU is stable, I would buy a 750W Gold PSU. If the CPU is unstable, unfortunately a new motherboard is also required. If the CPU test does not pass, 850W PSU (with 8+4 PIN CPU support) and x570 motherboard are required. Hope you can solve your problem as soon as possible.

Important Note: You should do the OCCT test only for the CPU. Other tests will not give correct results.

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

And how can I be sure that this is PSU related? Once I check the CPU, it could also be GPU related or just OS couldn't it? 

0 Likes

You can test PSU with OCCT. The system will probably crash with OCCT PSU test. If there is no crash, it will be correct to search for a different source. First, it is necessary to make sure that the CPU is stable. Then it will be correct to look at other possible problems. So, it's hard to be sure. I said the high probability problem.

0 Likes

upgrade to BIOS 3001 - there is an option inside to turn on for compatibility.

0 Likes
andreab67
Journeyman III

Upgrade the BIOS to 3001 and look inside, there is a compatibility option that fixed the issue.

0 Likes