cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

butterloaf
Journeyman III

Graphics Display Help

I currently have a Lenovo ideapad y700 gaming laptop that has a AMD Radeon R9 M375 and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 530. From looking around I found that mist of my games are using the integrated Intel graphics rather than my AMD card. When I load up the AMD settings program and head to the displays tap it says that no displays are currently connected to AMD products. How do I make it so that all of my games play through the AMD card and not the Intel? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
khun_doug
Elite

This topic was demonstrated on one of the Linus Techtips videos but I cannot find the link. Essentially, from what I understand, the games see the integrated Intel graphics and that is what is used since that is the system default. To override that go to Settings, Display (that should the landing area in System anyway), and at the bottom click on Graphics Settings. It looks as though choosing Universal App from the drop down should then allow you to select the app. Select your game and then click the Add button. From within the game that is now listed click Options and then adjust the graphics specifications appropriately. That should allow your game to use the AMD GPU but have the display sent through the onboard display via the Intel HD embedded GPU.

0 Likes