cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pathoth
Journeyman III

Re: Graphical Resolution Glitch out R9 Radeon Fury

I am also having this issue with my Saphire Tri-X r9 Fury. using the HDMI port. I have a tendency to not shutdown or restart my computer for days, and it has happened once every few days, a screen resolution change fixing the problem.

it just happened again, which is why I went looking for information on it.

all times when I am just browsing the internet or otherwise not using much gpu power.

0 Likes
leondre
Adept I

There is also a thread on this here Fury X Display problem.

I would recommend posting there as well.

0 Likes
andrewsoff
Adept II

**UPDATE**:

I received the replacement card from Amazon last week, and after a week of testing, the problem hasnt occured once. I even spent a good deal of time on the forum site where this problem consistently manifested previously, and still havent seen the issue show up.

I never disabled ULPS via the registry, just because I hate fiddling with registry settings if its not absolutely necessary.

I upgraded to the latest 15.7.1 (15.20.1062.1004) last week while using the old card, and the problem still occured. I upgraded to the replacement Friday last week and since then, its been solid.

One other piece of info. The Serial number on the old ASUS Strix Fury card ended with a five digit number starting with 1 (1XXXX), and the replacement starts with a 7 (7XXXX). On top of that, the replacement card box had newer stickers on it saying "Windows 10 Ready", along with a few other promotional stickers for "World of Warships" that the older packaging didn't have. So that leads me to believe I got a much newer card from a completely different batch this time. So, based on all of this, I have reason to believe that it is most likely a hardware/production issue of some kind. I understand that disabling ULPS solves the issue, but for a more permanent solution, I would advise anyone seeing this issue to either send their card back for a replacement if under the 30 day window, or deal with the card manufacturer directly under warranty, demanding that they either fix the card or replace it.

Thanks

Andrew

PS. I will monitor it for a few more weeks to be sure, and post back here again.

0 Likes
torn_tv
Adept II

Thanks Andrew,

Please be sure to keep us posted. Hope the problem is solved for you now.

0 Likes
andrewsoff
Adept II

Thanks torn_tv, I will definitely post an update again in a week or 2.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Likes
andrewsoff
Adept II

**UPDATE**:

Problem occurred again . 2 weeks and a few days after installing the replacement card with significantly higher serial number, the problem has in fact occurred again. Not sure why it took so long this time to manifest, but it did occur while browsing and posting to the same website in IE, as before : http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/ .

So, it doesn't look to be related to early batches like earlier thought. I'm back to square one.

Andrew

0 Likes
torn_tv
Adept II

Thanks Andrew. I had gotten it again on my Fury probably a day or two before your last post of it being gone. I've yet to see it again either. I've just downloaded the latest Beta so will give it a whirl. From all I hear, and I have no information to back it, it's supposed to have something do with the power savings cycle in the driver? Still not confirmed though. I'll let you know if I get it again.

0 Likes
andrewsoff
Adept II

No problem, and thanks torn_tv.

You may know already but there is another forum here with the problem reported by many more people (Re: Fury X Display problem.

According to that forum, the latest 15.10 beta doesnt fix it either.

I just posted asking for an update from AMD folks working on this issue.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Likes
lilsassy
Adept I

I've already posted about the issue in the other topic but in case anyone just scrolls through here I just wanted to add that disabling ULPS does not fix the problem.

0 Likes